Need help!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flyingtoehold

Reaction score
Just ordered my Raptor and started shopping for wheels, I've never owned a truck and never shopped for wheels. New to the forum and I'm currently in Afghanistan getting ready to go home so I can't stop by a local shop to get advice. These last two days I began my search for some wheels and decided to go with the Fuel Mojave 20's. My question is yes I understand the size 20 x 9 but there's 8 different versions of 20x9 Mojaves as shown on this link:

Fuel Mojave Flat Black

What's the mm difference what does that mean??

Also, I will pretty much be driving my truck around the city with hardly any offroading what kind of tire/rim combination would you guys recommend for the Fuel Mojave shown on the link???

I'm sorry if this question requires me to turn in my man card but please help and reply when you guys get a chance, thanks.

cage1993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the specific numbers you seem to be referencing are the lug pattern - for example 5X135mm is 5 lugs spread to a pattern over a circle 135mm - this can also be expressed in inches so 5x5.5 is 5 lugs spread to a pattern of 5.5 inches- the lug pattern on our trucks is 6x135mm

you also need to be concerned about offset & backspacing

offset is the distance from the center of the wheel to the mounting surface - so a zero offset tells you that the wheel mounts exactly in its center - a postive offset (say +10mm) means the mounting surface is towards the outside (pretty side) of the rim, so the rim will ride closer under your truck, if the offset is too positive it will rub the tire against the truck as you turn the wheel - a negative offset (say -15mm) means the mounting surface is nearer the inside of the rim, so your wheels stick further out from the vehicle, too large a negative offset will put a lot of stress on various components and weaken your load capacity

backspacing is measured in inches and is the distance from the back lip of the rim to the mounting surface, so four inches of backspacing means that from the bead of the rim on the vehicle facing side to the mounting surface is 4 inches, this is always a positive number

with all that said, I would not try to order a tire and wheel set up over the internet from a company I didn't know if you aren't very familiar with this truck and these various numbers - try one of our vendors here that can line you up with a package they know will fit, or go into to your local shop so they can ensure proper fitment, I've seen a ton of people order things over the internet from a discount place and it doesn't fit, cuz no one was there to make sure the got the right item for their particular vehicle

I would recommend an all terrain tire (AT), they will be lighter and quiter than most mud terrains (MT) but still give you good traction on the occasion you may need it - again tires have bunches of numbers you need to know, such as payload rating, speed rating etc. - go to tirerack.com or discounttire.com and I think they have some FAQ on this stuff - but again its best to deal with someone familiar with our trucks to make sure it get something that is going to hold up and perform correctly, check out the vendors here!

hope this helps and thanks for your service!