Need help with Baja Designs wiring harness install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I added 2 Squadrons in my ADD rear bumper that I want to use as reverse lights. I was sold the wrong harness so I contacted Baja Designs and they got the right one for me. Its part number 64-0099. Its made specifically for the Raptor to connect the rear Squadrons in the rear. This is some how supposed to connect onto the factory reverse light wire. Cant find any info on how to do it. I'm hoping someone here has.

BD 64-0099(1).jpg
BD-64-0099(2).jpg

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I used the SPV rear harness on my Gen 2. Plugged right into the factory harness and tail light.

I couldn't find an install on the @Baja Designs website. Might have to call on Tuesday to see if they can email it to you.

What do the plug ends look like?

OP
OP
Stingray23

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used the SPV rear harness on my Gen 2. Plugged right into the factory harness and tail light.

I couldn't find an install on the @Baja Designs website. Might have to call on Tuesday to see if they can email it to you.

What do the plug ends look like?
Do you have a link to the harness you used?

1693676757442.png
1693676807331.png

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Do you have a link to the harness you used?

View attachment 422239
View attachment 422240

@Specialtyperformanceparts

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
A point of clarification: Are you using for only reverse OR reverse & Up fitter?

The trailer plug is an easy option:

You can grab reverse signal off here, power and ground... not so much. it’s a so called smart connector and there’s a bunch of requirements to show power and maybe ground as well IIRC
engine running
doors closed
in gear
must not be a new moon
must not be a month ending with ‘ary'

or something like that. So if you have designs on connecting an upfitter, grab a good, close by ground, and get power somewhere else, cut in a relay and wrap the living daylights out of it because no matter how water resistant they say they are, there weather resistant relays are not. Plus, heavily wrapping your relays with drive @The Car Stereo Company bananas, nuts & cuckoo for cocoa puffs.
:-D

OP
OP
Stingray23

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A point of clarification: Are you using for only reverse OR reverse & Up fitter?

The trailer plug is an easy option:

You can grab reverse signal off here, power and ground... not so much. it’s a so called smart connector and there’s a bunch of requirements to show power and maybe ground as well IIRC
engine running
doors closed
in gear
must not be a new moon
must not be a month ending with ‘ary'

or something like that. So if you have designs on connecting an upfitter, grab a good, close by ground, and get power somewhere else, cut in a relay and wrap the living daylights out of it because no matter how water resistant they say they are, there weather resistant relays are not. Plus, heavily wrapping your relays with drive @The Car Stereo Company bananas, nuts & cuckoo for cocoa puffs.
:-D
I am not connecting to an up fitter. I was told that this connects to the reverse light wire coming off one of the taillights. I tried looking for videos and other info on the forum, but nothing. I guess I'm gonna have to contact BD next week.

OP
OP
Stingray23

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Specialtyperformanceparts

I remember looking at this last year but its not for gen1

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I am not connecting to an up fitter. I was told that this connects to the reverse light wire coming off one of the taillights. I tried looking for videos and other info on the forum, but nothing. I guess I'm gonna have to contact BD next week.
That’s a pinch(?) connector. I won’t use something like that on brake harness lights. I will on the trailer plug, but not the brake light harness. If someone has a splice in harness, maybe, depending on if you’re using a relay.

The ’17 & up Raptors are all networked and if you draw too much on the reverse circuit, you’ll set a DTC in -I think- the BCM.
I ran B/D squadron sports out back. They draw enough to do just that. I don’t know if they’ll over tax the reverse lamp circuit but I wired mine with a relay, using the trailer pin reverse as the ’signal’.