NEED ADVICE FAST!! About to be a raptor owner, I hope!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Armyguy626

Reaction score
Going through negotiations now to buy a used 2010 raptor and need some help finding a fair price. I can't seem to find any values with the velociraptor 475 (7k option through Hennessy) option. This vehicle is in excellent shape with every option and 80k miles. Everything has been serviced and maintained. Dealer is listing it for 31980. Blue Book is showing private party around 28k with all the options it has minus the Hennessy package. I found this same exact truck listed for sale from another dealer in my area a year ago with 68k miles for $30,000. Originally I was concerned about why someone owned it for a short time but after lots of research, it belonged to an NFL player here and bought it for the season and won't be returning next year. (Already verified).
When I asked the current dealer about the 30k price I found, they say they can't honor there price because they dropped it that low to move it. A bunch of bull to me.
So the bottom line is, WHAT IS A RESONABLE PRICE TO PAY FOR THIS THING BEFORE I WALK AWAY?

Any advice would help and I thank you all in advance.

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going through negotiations now to buy a used 2010 raptor and need some help finding a fair price. I can't seem to find any values with the velociraptor 475 (7k option through Hennessy) option. This vehicle is in excellent shape with every option and 80k miles. Everything has been serviced and maintained. Dealer is listing it for 31980. Blue Book is showing private party around 28k with all the options it has minus the Hennessy package. I found this same exact truck listed for sale from another dealer in my area a year ago with 68k miles for $30,000. Originally I was concerned about why someone owned it for a short time but after lots of research, it belonged to an NFL player here and bought it for the season and won't be returning next year. (Already verified).
When I asked the current dealer about the 30k price I found, they say they can't honor there price because they dropped it that low to move it. A bunch of bull to me.
So the bottom line is, WHAT IS A RESONABLE PRICE TO PAY FOR THIS THING BEFORE I WALK AWAY?

Any advice would help and I thank you all in advance.
Listed price sounds fair to me. I paid 33,500 for my 2010 with 60,000 miles 2 years ago. Naturally aspirated.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
More than the price, I would do a little research on the Hennessy package. Do a thorough mechanical inspection. They tend to spontaneously combust at the most inopportune moments......

BBQPorkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this a White 475 by chance? If so it wasn't owned a Football player but owned by guy with 2010 molten raptor as well... He had the Hennessy for a short time he bought it at Superior Auto and maybe had it a year and then it disappeared a few months ago. The Hennessy 475 package is just a tune and intake and everything else is stock. Retail on those parts from others manufactures maybe 8-900. I'm sure they can be found for less. You decide if it's worth it...I would keep looking but that's just me

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Armyguy626

Reaction score
BBQ

Thanks for the replies. BBQ, that lying POS salesman, lol. I didn't think it was worth more because he said that a football player owned it! I'm just trying to find what a fair price would be.
You are 100% right, it is white and was bought from superior a year ago! Do you know anything about this truck or why the guy got rid of it? PM me if you want. Anything at this point would help me out because I don't trust car dealers. Lol

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Thank you for the reply ruby. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but not a complete dummy either, lol, but I can't seem to find much info on the Hennessy package for the raptors that go over any issues other than its way over priced! Any chance you could point me in the right direction?
And I thought google was my friend!......

BBQPorkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I don't anymore on the truck itself. I would see both of them in the village and like I said it disappeared.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like they said pay someone to do thorough mechanical inspection, compression test and all….That goes a long way. The good deal is only a good deal if its a good deal for you. Anything has to do with Hennesey is in question and will get mixed reactions. Yes he is a legal thief and his stuff is not all that…
Best of luck.

OP
OP
A

Armyguy626

Reaction score
Hennessey

I did find some dirt on hennessey, just not raptor specific. I'm wondering if It's possible for the dealer to reflash the ecu back to its original stock tune?

Doc Constantine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I don't think that thing is worth $30,000. What are you willing to pay? If you can go up to $35,000-$40,000 you can find cherry SCabs out there. $40,000 can probably get you a '14 with low miles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk