My high mileage 2019 Gen 2 [advice needed]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I alway remember being told by teachers. "there aren't any stupid question, only stupid answers". Hmm that's how you learn I guess. or "if you don't have anything good to say, say nothing at all'. Geez the person has legitimate concerns and maybe perhaps a little more validation from other owners instead of taking the owner manual as gospel.

oh BTW.on a side note my favorite thing I remember my teachers saying when id sneak **** in to the class to eat. "if you don't bring enough for everyone leave it in your locker"

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 6 figures on my OD and the Cam Phasers is the only non maintenance item that needs replaced in a 100k for me. No dash lights and no leaks. I off road once a month and tow 2-3 times a month. So, you will get your 40k that you are looking for if you keep up your maintenance.

Attachments

• 4C090BD3-EEDD-4161-A2D6-C682E960F715.jpeg
    4C090BD3-EEDD-4161-A2D6-C682E960F715.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 46

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
I’ve had my 2018 for 4+ years and ~68k miles after the latest 3k mile road trip to Omaha, Nebraska with wife, dogs, and a bed-load of my adult daughter’s “stuff”. It’s been tuned right to the edge (by me) most of those miles on 93oct and E50w/93, so it RIPS for a 6klb truck. I do all my own service and maintenance work (oil/filter every 5k), so I know the truck pretty well. I have no problems with it and plan to keep it and drive it “forever”, or my death (I may be older than @Oldfart) , whichever comes first!

I do still have a set of S5 turbos, manifolds, & downpipes to put on it when it starts to feel “slow”, but I’m not there yet!

Last edited:

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
STUPID??? Your reply is stupid, that's why we all enjoy this forum. So we can ask people more knowledgeable about Raptors questions we don't know. The stupid questions are the ones you don't ask (Army). What I find STUPID is "thatJeepguy" lurking on FRF. So why don't you go do "Jeep$h*t" while we ask stupid questions. :manos: :yourself:
Wow sombodys triggered. What are u the thread evenger?

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve had my 2018 for 4+ years and ~68k miles after the latest 3k mile road trip to Omaha, Nebraska with wife, dogs, and a bed-load of my adult daughter’s “stuff”. It’s been tuned right to the edge (by me) most of those miles on 93oct and E50w/93, so it RIPS for a 6klb truck. I do all my own service and maintenance work (oil/filter every 5k), so I know the truck pretty well. I have no problems with it and plan to keep it and drive it “forever”, or my death, whichever comes first!

I do still have a set of S5 turbos, manifolds, & downpipes to put on it when it starts to feel “slow”, but I’m not there yet!
How many miles you have in it now?

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Whats yr fuel mailage with that tune ? Im stock running between 15-16.2 with 93. Im def keeping mine for 100k miles.
Fuel mileage depends on the weight load, direction of travel, and my intentions…. I live right near near the mid-Atlantic coast, so my road trips generally head west against prevailing winds and climbing in altitude. Local driving is mostly flat and rural.
I mostly drive at 80mph on road trips and get anywhere from 12 to 16, depending on previous mentioned factors/traffic. Driving gently, locally I can get as high as 17 to 18, but it requires a GENTLE touch on the throttle and strict adherence to speed limits. If I drive normally, 65mph tops, it runs around mid-to-high 14-15.
Running E50 at 80mph nets mileage in the mid 10s as in 10.5 or so, but is sure is strong!
So, fuel mileage generally depends on the driver/technique not necessarily the max power tune. More go = more fuel!

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drive it and Enjoy it. Replace parts when necessary and proper maintenance is always key for longevity. Replacing parts is Still much cheaper than a New truck Payment. Hell mine is a 175,000 mile Gen1. I drive the crap out it cause I just LOVE driving the BEAST. Im now currently getting estimates to restore it. I rather put 25 grand into it and make New again then spend 80 grand or more for a truck Payment that would be equal to a Mortgage. Its a Machine made to be driven. Don't worry about mileage parts are replaceable, the fun and enjoyment it puts on your face and soul is not
This. All of this.