GEN 2 My First Truck, 2017 Ford Raptor Supercrew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
I

image98

Reaction score
Thanks. It's a factory GT convertible with disc brakes. I don't think the California Special was available until 1968. Car was built at the San Jose factory, sold at a Bay Area dealership (DSO 71) and lived its single owner life garaged every day. No rust, but it does have a few dings and dents. The motor has around 64k original miles. The car was parked since 1986, so it's going to need to TLC to get it back on the road. No brakes, engine cranks, but doesn't run.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. It's a factory GT convertible with disc brakes. I don't think the California Special was available until 1968. Car was built at the San Jose factory, sold at a Bay Area dealership (DSO 71) and lived its single owner life garaged every day. No rust, but it does have a few dings and dents. The motor has around 64k original miles. The car was parked since 1986, so it's going to need to TLC to get it back on the road. No brakes, engine cranks, but doesn't run.

it will take a while to sort it that is for sure. Good Luck with it.

OP
OP
I

image98

Reaction score
The 66 GT is back on the road after sitting in a garage for 36 years. New master cylinder, replaced a rusted front right brake hose, new pads, replaced rear drum wheel cylinder, new battery, oil change, rebuilt carburetor, new fuel pump, fuel sending unit, bulbs, readjusted shifter linkage, rebuilt alternator, repaired wiring harness, new plastic rear window, new tires, new 4 row radiator, and installed OEM air conditioning running R134. Not bad for a car that sat so long. The car needs a proper restoration but its a blast to cruise in around town and simply enjoy. It's almost as stock as it gets with 66k original miles. OEM AM radio still works too.

01_Red66GT_IMG_5499hd.jpg
03_Red66GT_IMG_5722hd.jpg
02_Red66GT_IMG_5726hd.jpg
IMG_3234hd.jpg

OP
OP
I

image98

Reaction score
Installed the Hellwig 61916 Pro Series Helpers to assist with towing the enclosed trailer. Explored other options, but didn't want to swap out the stock leafs. Installation was relatively easy, except for the round rubber leaf bumper on my driver side was rusty and had to bed drilled out. I like how the system offers some tenability based on how much tension is placed on the polyurethane bushings and U-bolts.

PRO SERIES HELPER SPRINGS FOR 2010-2014 AND 2017-2020 FORD RAPTOR

Instructions

IMG_3011s.jpg
IMG_3014s.jpg
IMG_3033s.jpg