My 2013 Scab is a paper weight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lets remember that Carfax is just a tool that dealers can choose or choose not to use. Its not the Bible, and please don't think of "suing" anyone. Your not going to win anything but a headache. The only "guarantee" they offer is a buyback for vehicles that have been deemed salvage. Not the situation here. Like I said, Carfax is a very reputable company and they will/should remedy your issue with the information you provide them from your insurance carrier. Remember, they only receive and report information from 3rd parties. This issue is more common in the insurance industry than you would think. Some idiot pushes one wrong button..... :********:

OP
OP
jrodrg

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had carfax fix the record for me.

Not exactly sure what it stated before but now it reads:

Accident reported
Vehicle involved in a rear-end collision
Involving rear impact
with another motor vehicle
Damage to rear
Vehicle drivable

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man I am always on and I am not sure how my missed your post about your accident. At least you were not hurt.

Anyway, are you going to visit the BMW dealership and see what they will give you for the raptor now?

I had carfax fix the record for me.

Not exactly sure what it stated before but now it reads:

Accident reported
Vehicle involved in a rear-end collision
Involving rear impact
with another motor vehicle
Damage to rear
Vehicle drivable

OP
OP
jrodrg

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I am always on and I am not sure how my missed your post about your accident. At least you were not hurt.

Anyway, are you going to visit the BMW dealership and see what they will give you for the raptor now?

I had called a few dealers last week before all this and they're just starting to call me back this week. I had dropped the whole M4 idea until one of the sales guys (a friend of mine knows) gave me a killer deal on a new M4 that I'm not sure I can pass up. Owning an M3 has been a dream of mine since they first came out but now since they've done away with the coupes for the time being and replaced them with the M4 which is just stunning to me, I'm back on the kick. If he gives me a decent trade in value I know I'll bite.

My hearts not in the raptor anymore; I've lost interest. I wanted to do so much more with it than I'm able too. The events I've been too have been quite an experience and the people I've met have been the nicest people I've met but it might be time to move on unfortunately. That being said I'm sure 2-3 years down the road I'll probably get into something else as I'm very impulsive. In a perfect world I'd love to keep the raptor and get something else too but economically for me that's not feasible.

I actually almost pulled the trigger on a boat over the weekend but decided not too. It's another one of those things where I'm afraid I'd never use it, same goes for the M4. In my area springs/summers are short....

I'm not completely sold yet. I still have mixed feelings on selling the raptor.

Going through my midlife crisis early....

Last edited:

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No doubt M cars are fun. I have own 2 (1997 M3 & 2000 M Coup). And if you are done with the Raptor then get your $$ out of it. Trade in is excelllent and I think it will diminish once the 2017 Raptor spec are release.

You can always come back to the Raptor in a few years. :)

My 2000 M Coup is one of my fav cars I have ever owned.

18.jpg

I had called a few dealers last week before all this and they're just starting to call me back this week. I had dropped the whole M4 idea until one of the sales guys (a friend of mine knows) gave me a killer deal on a new M4 that I'm not sure I can pass up. Owning an M3 has been a dream of mine since they first came out but now since they've done away with the coupes for the time being and replaced them with the M4 which is just stunning to me, I'm back on the kick. If he gives me a decent trade in value I know I'll bite.

My hearts not in the raptor anymore; I've lost interest. I wanted to do so much more with it than I'm able too. The events I've been too have been quite an experience and the people I've met have been the nicest people I've met but it might be time to move on unfortunately. That being said I'm sure 2-3 years down the road I'll probably get into something else as I'm very impulsive. In a perfect world I'd love to keep the raptor and get something else too but economically for me that's not feasible.

I actually almost pulled the trigger on a boat over the weekend but decided not too. It's another one of those things where I'm afraid I'd never use it, same goes for the M4. In my area springs/summers are short....

I'm not completely sold yet. I still have mixed feelings on selling the raptor.

Going through my midlife crisis early....

Last edited:
OP
OP
jrodrg

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No doubt M cars are fun. I have own 2 (1997 M3 & 2000 M Coup). And if you are done with the Raptor then get your $$ out of it. Trade in is excelllent and I think it will diminish once the 2017 Raptor spec are release.

You can always come back to Raptor in a few years. :)

My 2000 M Coup is one of my fav cars I have ever owned.

18.jpg

This is part of the reason I'm thinking about getting rid of it now, I have a feeling they won't hold their value once the new raptors start shipping.

I've never owned a BMW, I'm sure I won't be disappointed. Thanks for the words of wisdom.

I'm hoping eventually I can get back in a raptor if I do decided to sell

Last edited:

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will say this. M-cars are the one of the worst depreciating cars I have seen. Keep it 2-3 years and you will lose 10K on trade-in easily.

So you are going from the best value vehicle (Raptor) to the worst (M cars)

:(

This is part of the reason I'm thinking about getting rid of it now, I have a feeling they won't hold their value once the new raptors start shipping.

I've never owned a BMW, I'm sure I won't be disappointed. Thanks for the words of wisdom.

I'm hoping eventually I can get back in a raptor if I do decided to sell

OP
OP
jrodrg

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will say this. M-cars are the one of the worst depreciating cars I have seen. Keep it 2-3 years and you will lose 10K on trade-in easily.

So you are going from the best value vehicle (Raptor) to the worst (M cars)

:(

I've seen this on the m3's that I've been looking at over the years. I'm hoping this doesn't happen with the m4's but I'm assuming it will.

Ive gotten some pretty ****** offers for my raptor thus far from dealers. Actually thinking about selling it privately.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A different car to consider. Go test drive the jeep grand cherokee srt. It's a beast. You have a family and you can haul them around in comfort. And it's all wheel drive. :)

I've seen this on the m3's that I've been looking at over the years. I'm hoping this doesn't happen with the m4's but I'm assuming it will.

Ive gotten some pretty ****** offers for my raptor thus far from dealers. Actually thinking about selling it privately.