Mufflers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How does it compare to the stock muffler? Is there any increase in sound at 70mph? I am wanting something a little louder than stock when I get on it but same as stock at 70mph.

It's a little louder, the tone is a little deeper, but the whole effect is smoother. The factory muffler has a raspy sound at WOT and the Magnaflow #12388 doesn't. I literally frightened people as I passed them when I had the factory muffler on - no more with the Magnaflow. For what I paid for the muffler and installation, I wouldn't do it. It really doesn't make very much difference. Bottom line: there is nothing in particular wrong with the design of the factory muffler that could possibly justify replacing a perfectly good muffler. Honest.

PermianRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There isn't anything wrong with it and it is a good muffler, but I love my flow's and how they make the raptor roar. Stock isn't bad but I love hearing the popping and crackling of a loud 6.2.

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There isn't anything wrong with it and it is a good muffler, but I love my flow's and how they make the raptor roar. Stock isn't bad but I love hearing the popping and crackling of a loud 6.2.

Hell ya. My goal is to be as loud as possible to **** off all the liberals and hipsters here in Austin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

PermianRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell ya. My goal is to be as loud as possible to **** off all the liberals and hipsters here in Austin.

Yup I feel you on that! Probably the loudest raptor I've heard is a 5.4 here I'm town with kooks long tubes. My 6.2 at WOT sounds the same and it's just a weld in. C'mon BOSS you gotta cave for the 10'series! I only paid $90 as well.

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup I feel you on that! Probably the loudest raptor I've heard is a 5.4 here I'm town with kooks long tubes. My 6.2 at WOT sounds the same and it's just a weld in. C'mon BOSS you gotta cave for the 10'series! I only paid $90 as well.

I've got Aeroturbine mufflers on my Camaro, which look exactly like the Magnapack, and I love them which is why I'm giving the Magnapack a shot first. I know I'll love the Flowmaster 10 series if I don't like the Magnapack.. I've always been a fan of Flowmaster.

treatcg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a little louder, the tone is a little deeper, but the whole effect is smoother. The factory muffler has a raspy sound at WOT and the Magnaflow #12388 doesn't. I literally frightened people as I passed them when I had the factory muffler on - no more with the Magnaflow. For what I paid for the muffler and installation, I wouldn't do it. It really doesn't make very much difference. Bottom line: there is nothing in particular wrong with the design of the factory muffler that could possibly justify replacing a perfectly good muffler. Honest.

I am looking for something louder than stock at idle and when i get on it but I highway speeds I want the sound level of stock and no drone. I am ok with a little louder at highway speeds. I did the loud annoying exhaust on my 2011 and don't want to do that on my 2013. I drive on the highway too much. I am not sure what I want exists though. Maybe a shorter magnaflow would work? Do you have any sound clips?

PermianRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking for something louder than stock at idle and when i get on it but I highway speeds I want the sound level of stock and no drone. I am ok with a little louder at highway speeds. I did the loud annoying exhaust on my 2011 and don't want to do that on my 2013. I drive on the highway too much. I am not sure what I want exists though. Maybe a shorter magnaflow would work? Do you have any sound clips?

A little off topic, but my camaro had a borla ATAK cat back that didn't make noise on the inside below 5,000 RPM. It was pretty expensive but I feel like a similar corsa/borla setup on a raptor would be similar in cabin drone as well. But as far as weld in mufflers, it would be hard to accomplish without the helmholtz resonator.

badmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of going with the Flowmaster 50, 3"single exit and turning it down after the axle. My questions, what difference will it make, sound wise, between the dual exit and single exit 50? Is it more restricting? Drone? Thanks