More power tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I told you!

It's the holy grail. I agree 100 percent that the guys at 5 star are good folks and I don't have anything bad to say about them. They are nice and are trying hard. It's not that their tune is bad or doesn't increase power.... because it does give power...

It's just nothing like the MPT level of refinement and power delivery. I can't believe how my truck runs now.

You're killing me, Guy. I SO want to do this, but am trying to control the mod bug to a certain extent this time. I am just so fearful of something detonating, and my warranty not covering it. Be it engine, trans, diferentials, whetever...

Not saying the tune would cause it, but blowing a drivetrain component would certainly be scrutinized with the tune trail on the ECU. But you are making the candy seem so sweet. I've been frustrated with the trans shifting and power delivery. This sounds like the golden ticket.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One trip around the block with this tune and you'd never want to drive your truck stock again.

It's THAT good.

You're killing me, Guy. I SO want to do this, but am trying to control the mod bug to a certain extent this time. I am just so fearful of something detonating, and my warranty not covering it. Be it engine, trans, diferentials, whetever...

Not saying the tune would cause it, but blowing a drivetrain component would certainly be scrutinized with the tune trail on the ECU. But you are making the candy seem so sweet. I've been frustrated with the trans shifting and power delivery. This sounds like the golden ticket.

Homer Jay

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm the same way. I was resisting tuning it but Guy's write up is pushing me over the edge. I'll probably place my order tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bluehinder

Reaction score
Do you need a minimum number of miles on the stock unit before sending them the stock log? ie, how many data points do they need?

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm taking your word for it Guy...talked to the guys at mpt today and placed my order, sent them my stock tune, so once I get the tunes and load it in, I'll see if I get the same holy grail experience that you did...fingers crossed.
I'm ok with the 5 Star for wide open runs, but around town and to and from work, it shifts a little odd...not bad...just different....could be just the fact that there's 10 gears now....maybe? :iranmaybe:

One trip around the block with this tune and you'd never want to drive your truck stock again.

It's THAT good.

Zhammy3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered my Ngauge from MPT, Couldnt resist all the reviews. Was debating on the whipple package. But MPT has a solid reputation with Ecoboost motors.
Cant wait. Hopefully if i have the same positive experience for the 679$

gryGhst17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Omg... I'm in the same boat as a few of you state. Don't really want to chance warranty, but mpt states if you put the stock file back, its untraceable. Guy, your review makes it so tempting!!!

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

ASD1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never purchased a tuner before - do you need to leave this device connected all the time or do you just flash the tune and unplug it?