More power tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get the whipple stage 1 and when they read the tune at the dealer it has an actual ford part number....

Whipple's system is $2K + Installation.. and they do not even modify or optimize the transmission. Plus, you need to ship the ECU to them to bench flash. I'd rather have the MPT Tunes to be honest..

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whipple's system is $2K + Installation.. and they do not even modify or optimize the transmission. Plus, you need to ship the ECU to them to bench flash. I'd rather have the MPT Tunes to be honest..

If you can't install the whipple kit yourself shouldn't own a truck ... and they do modify the shifting ... the MPT does look awesome but who knows how long till they unlock the 18 ecu bit for me having ford part numbers for tunes etc give more of peace of mind that if there is an issue they won't try and **** you

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bad news boss...

Ford part number or not.... It's a gimmicky Schtick.

Whipple themselves acknowledge that their tune is NOT part of Ford's warranty and ONLY Ford can make a modification to your truck with a Ford part number and have it fall under the warranty.

Why is this so black and white? It's obvious. Ford didn't give Whipple all of their tools, software, and proprietary information for Whipple to make money. The Whipple tune is going to be the FOMOCO performance factory tune rebranded. When Ford rebrands it, they will charge you $2,000 just for the tune and it will be covered under warranty. Whipple will not.

So get your Whipple in your dream world.

Mpt is a superior tune. Hands down... it makes more power and is more aggressive and despite the fear mongering in other threads.... I have no uncontrolled detonation and I towed a 6,000lb trailer last week for a friend on the performance tune at 93 octane. ::gasp!::

If you can't install the whipple kit yourself shouldn't own a truck ... and they do modify the shifting ... the MPT does look awesome but who knows how long till they unlock the 18 ecu bit for me having ford part numbers for tunes etc give more of peace of mind that if there is an issue they won't try and **** you

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whipple kit lists a bigger intercooler as part of it, anyone can install a CAI in their garage, however saying that one shouldn't have a truck if you don't have the technical ability to install a large intercooler is super weird actually

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I shouldn't own a truck because:

1) I can't install a larger intercooler
2) I don't want to install a larger intercooler
3) I don't have the time to do both 1) and 2)

Sorry, I don't need to spend $2K to do what the MPT tune does, and I also get the Ngauge part of it. I don't want someone cracking the ECU open of my new truck either.

Whipple's business used to be about making superchargers.. and now that everything is going forced induction from the factory, they came up with a package to still make a good amount of profit by including a CAI and intercooler w/ their tune.. but you, I, and they know none of that hardware is needed.. just a tune. No thanks

ASD1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I shouldn't own a truck because:

1) I can't install a larger intercooler
2) I don't want to install a larger intercooler
3) I don't have the time to do both 1) and 2)

Sorry, I don't need to spend $2K to do what the MPT tune does, and I also get the Ngauge part of it. I don't want someone cracking the ECU open of my new truck either.

Whipple's business used to be about making superchargers.. and now that everything is going forced induction from the factory, they came up with a package to still make a good amount of profit by including a CAI and intercooler w/ their tune.. but you, I, and they know none of that hardware is needed.. just a tune. No thanks

YEP!!

Jmorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to disagree with part of this statement. These trucks heatsoak so bad with a tune that an intercooler is an absolute must in order to achieve the full benefits of a tune. The stock intercooler simply can not handle the high boost from an aggressive tune. I am currently waiting on my full race intercooler so i can fully enjoy my tune. In one hard pull from 0-110+(85-90 degrees outside) the truck will reach IAT of 160-170 by 80mph, pull power to safeguard the motor and completely fall on its face.

Whipple's business used to be about making superchargers.. and now that everything is going forced induction from the factory, they came up with a package to still make a good amount of profit by including a CAI and intercooler w/ their tune.. but you, I, and they know none of that hardware is needed.. just a tune. No thanks[/QUOTE]