Minimum parking garage height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take the wifes exploder if we go Into the city which is only a few times a year

Sent from my S4

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do miss the stock antenna when driving into garages. It was my low height warning device. Now with the 50 cal I have a serious pucker issue.

When I had the hummer with the light bar on top I never even tried to enter garages.

twlhunter65

Reaction score
I'm at mid perch stock, truck fits in my garage by about an 1 1/2 " I was lucky. If I get a set of the popular tire's with my new Method NV'S I'm planing on geting, will the differance in any 35" tire make it taller and cause a problem?

Ingot SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stock wheels, tires and mid perch 7 foot is my personal limit any shorter and I say **** it plus the damn parking spots are to close together this beast.
usually roll up to the height marker and open door to check the roof just as a safety measure.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm at mid perch stock, truck fits in my garage by about an 1 1/2 " I was lucky. If I get a set of the popular tire's with my new Method NV'S I'm planing on geting, will the differance in any 35" tire make it taller and cause a problem?

You can check the specs on the tires and see how tall they are. Just remember wheel width and air pressure will change the height.

One day I might measure the height of the Truck with a high tire pressure just to see what the max height is just to be safe.

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thing about parking garages and their height is that they measure the lowest possible clearance. For instance, I clean parking garages as a part of my business. I used my raptor to go in a parking garage that was marked 6'2" just this week. I worked there all week, and I never had a problem. I will freely admit that when I went in, I made sure to check all clearances where I could possibly be driving, and found the one spot that was only 6'2", and it was in a place where my Raptor, pulling a trailer, could not have possible been able to get to.
If you are parking in parking garages, what I would do is cut my antenna to one inch taller than my Raptor. All you have to do is take the ball on the end off, and snip it, then put the ball back on. Then when you go in, make sure that you are not going so fast in an unfamiliar garage that you cannot stop if your antenna hits a beam or the ceiling. It works really well, and you would be amazed at some of the garages that I freely take my Raptor now, and my superduty's before.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would not worry till you get to six feet seven inches. Then watch your ass buddy!!! If your mid perch or taller aftermarket tires six foot ten inches.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In some garages the biggest issue I had to watch out for were emergency exit signs and sprinkler heads. They were the low hanging fruit and as such you always had to keep a lookout as not even the stock antenna would save you as they are so small.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

The wheels won't be a difference, but the tires will be. The stock BFG's are 34.4" tall. So you'll add .6" over stock just by going to a "true" 35" tire.