Method of Installing OEM bedside graphics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

will535

Reaction score
Has anyone on here applied OEM bedside graphics? I’ve noticed that they are the “stick and peel” style of application. Since they are so large, I wanted to see if anyone had successfully installed any and what method they used. Some say to use a solution and let it dry. Just wondering how that works with the “peel” layer on top not pulling off the actual decal when it’s still wet under.

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone on here applied OEM bedside graphics? I’ve noticed that they are the “stick and peel” style of application. Since they are so large, I wanted to see if anyone had successfully installed any and what method they used. Some say to use a solution and let it dry. Just wondering how that works with the “peel” layer on top not pulling off the actual decal when it’s still wet under.
I’m sure there is something on youtube you could find about installing graphics.

It’s usually a soap and water solution, that way you can move it around for placement then squeegee the graphic and let dry.

I ordered my truck with the graphics but have put some on other vehicles.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look up the hinge method of installing large graphics. Also, you'd probably want to install these with the soap and water solution, but also add a bit of alcohol. You wouldnt want to try and remove the transfer tape while everything is wet. Normally wait until the water solution has dried, then remove the transfer tape.

OP
OP
will535

will535

Reaction score
Look up the hinge method of installing large graphics. Also, you'd probably want to install these with the soap and water solution, but also add a bit of alcohol. You wouldnt want to try and remove the transfer tape while everything is wet. Normally wait until the water solution has dried, then remove the transfer tape.
Got it. So install with the wet solution and squeegee like normal, and then once dry that’s when I peel back the other layer?

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This bed side graphic had lots of tiny pieces. Pretty nerve racking to install. Lots of YouTube videos about it. You can get a tinted window kit at Autozone with solution, razor and squeegee. And you’ll need a heat gun/ hair dryer. Laying out some tape lines to have graphic is same spot helps. And truthfully the wife had way more patience with it than I would.

Attachments

• IMG_0158.jpeg
    IMG_0158.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0051.jpeg
    IMG_0051.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 23