MBRP Turndown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any performance increase on these? And yes I know tune is better with cold air trifecta.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

The performance gain is for your ears when that motor is banging the rev limiter! Or when you have that 5am morning startup that your neighbors are to afraid to mention to you because you drive a badass truck!

Tiberius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The performance gain is for your ears when that motor is banging the rev limiter! Or when you have that 5am morning startup that your neighbors are to afraid to mention to you because you drive a badass truck!

Guess that's worth 300 bucks. My neighbor already likes to start his diesel like two hours before he leaves for work at 3am so it's only fair.

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess that's worth 300 bucks. My neighbor already likes to start his diesel like two hours before he leaves for work at 3am so it's only fair.

Buy one. You heard Ben's. If I had a 6.2L instead of the 5.4L I'd have one.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have one. from Chris@Freedom. Great prices and super fast shipping. I have videos of it on my youtube under the same name.

Tiberius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya wasn't sure what he had until now. I think I need to make a wheel of parts I can spin so it's easier to decide what to buy next. Just spin and buy.

Witchy

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
What Orange said. Ironically after we put ours on our neighbor started asking "Could your truck get any louder". When the snow hit and she got stuck she quickly learned to love the sound. MBRP is a great budget friendly exhaust.

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the mbrp turndown and couldn't be happier. Truck sounds mean on startup, you get a little growl at idol and if (shit who am I kidding , WHEN) you go WOT the shit just sounds mean. Had a friend say it sounded like a nascar. Best compliment ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smarsha11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the sound of mine and yes it does sound mean and nasty.
Mine has a mild drone at ~1800 RPM but I got used to it.

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I raced my friends tundra yesterday too and holy shit I heard the turndown even better as it bounced of his truck. Made my victory that much sweeter. There is a little drone but if you roll the windows up and listen to the radio mid volume you won't hear it. But you'll feel it in the pedal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk