MBRP Turndown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hummm....is it louder or quieter? Got any soundclips? The turn down is what I have been looking at, but this could be a cheaper alternative.

Cost me like 25$ for a turndown, clamp and hanger from Oriellys. It sounds amost identical to the MBRP which makes sense as the MBRP muffler looks like a strait through muffler, which the resonator basically is. I will say it has a little bit more drone than I perfer, but I was basically jsut playing around, getting rid of the ridiculous stock exhaust and like it good enough to leave if for now. Later I plan to do longtubes with a X, no cats, and dual dumps.
I will see if I can make a video later, but I have no clips now.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so basicly straight pipes it will sound like a race car. I know fired mine up befor the mufflers cats went on.

OP
OP
jeeper

jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have not been running any tune with the MBRP turndown and afe intake installed. no issues. Will be installing the SCT tune shortly though.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
and mpg I ran mine with out for a few month and was suprised at the difference will brake loose well chirp in 3rd now. diablosport

jeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed this exhaust monday love the sound outside and when hammering on it cruising 65 on the free way its a little loud but its a truck my audio guy was saying that a rhino lined bed will reduce drone i might have to try that!

OP
OP
jeeper

jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed this exhaust monday love the sound outside and when hammering on it cruising 65 on the free way its a little loud but its a truck my audio guy was saying that a rhino lined bed will reduce drone i might have to try that!

I have a Line-x bed and the drone is still there, I don't think it really makes that much of a difference.