M&R Automotive DUAL Headrest Lightbars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Can you post some pictures at night inside the cab of how it looks and from looking through the rearview mirror? The last amber I had on the middle headrest, glared quite a bit on the back glass. Might be different not being in the middle.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have any inside pics. I ran the center style for about a week and yes there was some reflection but what I did not like was with the head rest raised up for the light it blocked to much rear view. So I ordered another light and the proper mounts to make it a dual.

There is some reflected light also with the dual style and I am going the experiment with some charcoal foam to reduce the reflection. With that said I don't find the reflected light a bother but I am sure some would complain. A light mounted outside is still my preferred choice but my new Revolver X2 changed and limited my outside options.

I do think these are bright enough to work well through the rear glass.

tomahawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have any inside pics. I ran the center style for about a week and yes there was some reflection but what I did not like was with the head rest raised up for the light it blocked to much rear view. So I ordered another light and the proper mounts to make it a dual.

There is some reflected light also with the dual style and I am going the experiment with some charcoal foam to reduce the reflection. With that said I don't find the reflected light a bother but I am sure some would complain. A light mounted outside is still my preferred choice but my new Revolver X2 changed and limited my outside options.

I do think these are bright enough to work well through the rear glass.

you can probably buy a visor bracket off sirennet.com and fab it up so it fits the headrest that would eliminate glare

OP
OP
N

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can get some interior photos this week. I haven't noticed a glare in the rearview and can hardly tell their on even when I turn around to back up.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can get some interior photos this week. I haven't noticed a glare in the rearview and can hardly tell their on even when I turn around to back up.

To follow up After Snoball. I had some thick closed cell foam I cut to block glare from under the headrest and the outside between the headrest and the C pillars Filling those voids but nothing for the center as I did not want to lose any rear vision.

There was no noticeable glare in the center looking through the rear view mirror with the foam in place. There is some reflected light on the headliner but not bad and not visible in the rearview mirror. My ultimate goal is to have as little light in the cab as possible.

I am a little OCD about that kind of thing so I will look to make a hood/gasket type set up out of some rubber for each light.

I got good feedback on these from following trucks and would highly recommend them. In day to day they are almost invisible until you turn them on which I really like. They were easy to install and I wired them up to the supplied Cigarette plug/switch for now.

OP
OP
N

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took some interior photos this evening. The first two photos are from the front seats looking out the back window. The third photo is from the driver seat looking into the rearview (takes a minute to get the perspective). The rear of the truck faces a tall wooden fence so the light wash in the cab is brighter than it would be if you were driving.

Attachments

• IMAG0852.jpg
    IMAG0852.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 87
  • IMAG0853.jpg
    IMAG0853.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 97
  • IMAG0854.jpg
    IMAG0854.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 75

tomahawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how well do these work with window tint? I have 2 percent on the back hopefully it will still shine through and does anyone have a video demo of the dual headrest? I only seen a glimpse of them on the snoball video and it would be helpful in deciding to get these or dual color led lightbars

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would think that the additional tint would really cut down on the out put. The factory level of tint cuts down a fair amount but still very visible.

tomahawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm ok...if it does cut a lot of light I suppose I could cut a little of the tint off around the lights, just wish someone had a better video demo of it on there truck so I can see the different strobe patterns and what it looks like from different angles