M&R 6" LED Elite lights have arrived!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
The way I'm planning on doing mine is using a grounding point in the engine bay and then just tying both of the power leads for the lights into one of the upfitter wires. Seems like about the simplest way to pull it off.

OP
OP
vanilla_gorilla

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The way I'm planning on doing mine is using a grounding point in the engine bay and then just tying both of the power leads for the lights into one of the upfitter wires. Seems like about the simplest way to pull it off.

See, I'm not following any of that...lol. I get the ground, kinda, not sure where its going to connect to the light

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
OK so, looking at the end of the wire in your picture, you have a red and a black wire. Red will be your power wire (the one you'll hook to your upfitter switch, and black is gonna be the ground.

To wire it to your upfitter for power, you'll want to follow the info in this video:
PASS THROUGH WIRES - YouTube

That should get you going on what they are and where, then you'll just have to decide what switch you want to run them. Once you have that. You'll want to hook the red wire up to whichever wire corresponds to the switch you want to run it.

Then, over on the left side of the engine bay (looking as if you have the hood open and are looking into the engine bay) There's a big silver screw into the fender with wires attached to it. That's where you want to ground your black wire. You'll probably need some type of terminal lug to attach it, but those are available at your local auto parts store or wal mart and they'll just crimp on.

If you've followed the steps in the video and then done the other stuff I added, you'll be in business.

OP
OP
vanilla_gorilla

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, perfect...i'm starting to get it, you rock! Now wish upfitter should i use for the different lights? the two 30a, the 15a or the 10a?

So the black will be my ground, got that, and got where to ground it too, and the my red or white wire will be connected to whatever wire i select for the upfitter switch? Thats it, done?

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

And just so i completely understand this whole thing, the other side of the upfitter/switch is power, so when i flip the switch, it sends the power to the light and completes the circuit, right? (Hope that makes sense)

OP
OP
vanilla_gorilla

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have, and that helped, but I'm a complete ID-10-T when it comes to electrical...lol. But now it's all starting to make sense, and seems SOOOOO much easier that i had thought. You all rock, i love this forum and everyone one it.

Now i need to find the time this week to get this all done...so ready!

Last edited:

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did the kit come with its own fuse and relay? It it did you can copy the ratings off there (2x if you're running two of em off the same fuse).

If not, is there a wattage rating on the lights you plan to put on one switch? We can calc amps if you can find that number...

Last edited:
OP
OP
vanilla_gorilla

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nada, no paperwork or labels on any of the lights and just two wires coming out of the light housing. I don't see any relay or fuses.I wonder what Birdman did for his 20" light and maybe M&R can chime in on the fuse/wattage rating on the 20" and 6" lights.