Love the Raptor, but miss my F350 Diesel...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BCRAZY

Reaction score
Anyone else go from a 17' F350 SCREW Diesel to a new 18' Raptor? I really love my Raptor, but I still miss my Diesel and driving a bigger truck. Anyone else feel that way? Torn if I want to stay with it, or go back to a new F350. It's all based on personal preference, I don't really tow a lot or need a F350, I just love my pickups.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Anyone else go from a 17' F350 SCREW Diesel to a new 18' Raptor? I really love my Raptor, but I still miss my Diesel and driving a bigger truck. Anyone else feel that way? Torn if I want to stay with it, or go back to a new F350. It's all based on personal preference, I don't really tow a lot or need a F350, I just love my pickups.

I get it. I have a 19 f250 and an 18 raptor.

some days the f250 is perfect, then I drive my raptor. the back to back difference between the 250 and my mid-travel raptor is insane.

If I had to choose, the f250 would go, but it isn't going anywhere because something has to pull the trailer with the raptor on it.

If you don't tow, or need an f250, I'd stick with the raptor. It is WAY more versatile. It is WAY more fun.

And unless you're prepared to throw a Carli pin top kit on a super duty, you won't even remotely keep up with a raptor off-road. Even with a bunch of suspension goodies, the super duty will still get whooped by a raptor offroad just about anyplace except mud or possibly deep water.

I'm fighting the urge to throw 40s on my super duty to match the raptor, but there is NO reason why my tow rig, that doesn't go offroad needs 40s. I'll probably just level it and go 35s or 37s and call it done.

Raptorman19

Reaction score
I traded in 2500HD GMC Denali on a Raptor and have just recently went back to a 2500. Just fits my needs better.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was the opposite, I had a Gen 1 Raptor, got an F350 Dually (which I loved), but just missed the Raptor, the offroading and the raptor community too much, so I traded the F350 in for an 18 Raptor. I think I will always need a Raptor in the garage.

P.S. I do like going through drive thru's again too : )

blkfxstc

Reaction score
Had an 11 Raptor, traded for a 15 F250 to tow, don't need to tow anymore, looking at a 19 Raptor now. Love the diesel sound and "truck" feel, liked everything else with the raptor, looking to go back now.

McMillan

Reaction score
I went from f350 dually king ranch built with lift fx4 big tires and wheels, took a city block to turn, to a 2019 raptor fully loaded, I will never look back.......

pfred

Reaction score
I went from a 2015 f350 Diesel.

I love the raptor but miss having the diesel to pull my boat. For the few times I travel with my boat the raptor is fine. But it was nice to be able to load up the f350 with all the gear and not worry about exceeding weight limits.

troverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Came from a 2017 F-350 diesel dually. Went to a 2018 Raptor Crew. I loved the Raptor, so much fun, but it can't tow or haul. I miss it, but I ended up dumping it for another Super Duty diesel. Maybe some day I will have the money to keep both.