love me some bed lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed some anzo bed lights. I'm not sure which but either ford had plans for lighting or the kit was designed to fit exactly. Round light switch literally snaps into the factory side hole, and the side rails underneath have wire looms every 8", possibly from the plastic panels on top.

Love the blue glow it creates in the unsrpayed boxed.
DSC_0973_zpsa85be7d3.jpgDSC_0969_zpsadc37866.jpg[/URL]

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Eventually I will be getting the box sprayed.

Slacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amazon has plasmaglow switches that fit perfectly in that same hole for anyone looking for a switch and a place to mount it.

Go to Amazon.com and search for "plasmaglow switch". I tried pasting a link to amazon search but it isn't working...

Last edited:

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't see the switch location. Is it in the hloes for the bed extender? I was thinking of wiring them into the marker lights so that they fade on and fade off with the remote door locks.

OP
OP
matrix243

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
god I hate those blue plastic 3-way connectors. one line wasn't making a connection. why haven't they come up with something better? actually all of the connectors are very poor.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, those holes are for the bed extender. The center hole is where the extender is mounted, and the top and bottom is for securing it, either in the bed or on the tailgate. Good to know the switch fits here, for those who don't have a bed extender.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Milez28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks very nice..

So if I have a bed extender I won't be able to mount the switch as shown?

How much does that set up run and where if you don't mind sharing///

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have these same lights, we used super bond 3m tape to hold them in, and I can report even after TRR13's dustbowl and pressure washing afterwards they are still stuck firm and working great.

Instead of a switch I wired them to the cargo are light. I can turn them on by opening the door or hitting unlock on the key fob.

they are super bright and great for night-time work

oh, I think I spent about $50 on them

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be installing my recon bed lights in a few days. I am guessing the reason for the switch is to turn them OFF when not needed since wiring them to the tail lights or 3rd brake light will have them ON constantly when headlights are on. right? What other reason would u need a switch unless they are wired to a constant 12v source?

Sent with Tapatalk and my iPad --George (Pinenut with a Y)