Loose floppy sunvisor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like my 23 truck but the floppy ass sunvisor drives me nuts. The fastener screw is tight but it is just too loose when it is in the side view position. Has anyone else had a fix for this? I want to try the retainer clip from a 20 model but have not found what the difference is yet.
I feel like the bracket is going to wear out the headliner from moving back and fourth on it.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Take the bolt out and then put it back in. It's possible it wasn't seated properly prior to tightening down. Or they crossthreaded it and it feels tight but it's not.

OP
OP
James O

James O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the bolt out and backside of plastic bracket on visor has plastic shavings from moving so much.
Ive tightened it up and it moves most likely with the metal clip. The headliner fabric is fraying apart on outside of bracket where it is exposed so I started messing with it last nite trying to get it stay put.

2020Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump and message to the OP for an update.
Same issue, same attempt, same results.
Has anyone ever figured out the root cause ?
Thanks !

Frubey

Reaction score
I had the same issue. God ol Scotch ingenuity (not the drinking kind). I used this for the tray in the center console too so it doesn't slide back and forthScotch.jpg