Live shocks and towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mulletmike

Reaction score
I need to tow my Jeep, on a trailer, with my Raptor. I will be close to the weight capacity. Im not worried about the power but I am worried about the suspension sagging out. Does anyone know if the live shocks stiffen up for towing in the same way it stiffens up in sport mode? I don’t want the thing bouncing down the highway. Even with a weight distribution hitch, I feel that in its normal setting it will be wallow city.

Thanks

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Ive towed our travel trailer (6500) and it sagged pretty good. Don't think the Live Valves stiffened up but it was not a bouncy ride either.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Deavers make all the difference with towing, period. The stock springs don't cut it. Adjust your air pressure higher as well when towing.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I need to tow my Jeep, on a trailer, with my Raptor. I will be close to the weight capacity. Im not worried about the power but I am worried about the suspension sagging out. Does anyone know if the live shocks stiffen up for towing in the same way it stiffens up in sport mode? I don’t want the thing bouncing down the highway. Even with a weight distribution hitch, I feel that in its normal setting it will be wallow city.

Thanks
Shocks stiffening up does not prevent sag. It just slows down compression. Your spring rate will dictate sag. You can run a set of Timbren SES bump stops (replaces the stock ones) that kind of act as "helper springs" I run them when I'm towing my toys to the desert and just leave them on until I'm actually going to take the Raptor off road. From a daily driving perspective, there's no change as they still allow about 2" of travel before the leaf springs make contact and stiffening up some. They're a relevantly easy swap.

BossRaptor

Reaction score
I towed my 2012 Boss 302 race car on a open trailer. Tow mode worked awesome in my 19 Raptor . You will be just fine! Don't over think this one.