Limited Production - No 2018 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now this would be absolutely crazy... But would they seriously only put out one year of that style right before changing to the new one
d8ac570b4e9705a3a1ee916e3d13fd4c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Edit: not discontinuing it but updating the style or would they really leave it back with the old style.... Just something to think about

Rickoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So much misinformation. Much of it intentionally spread for personal gain. Makes you really hate salesman.

Krab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealership was McCombs Ford West here in San Antonio, TX. They were also the ones to markup to 15k.

Awesome fellas, thank you for that, really put me at ease that I won't miss out and to just sit tight.

No kidding? I stopped by there last month to see a '17 they had on the showroom floor. Sales guy didn't try to bs me though. Sucks they pulled that crap on you.

OP
OP
D

daoliva

Reaction score
No kidding? I stopped by there last month to see a '17 they had on the showroom floor. Sales guy didn't try to bs me though. Sucks they pulled that crap on you.

hopefully its just that guy, who did you speak with? I'd hate to disregard a nearby dealer based on one individual. I purchased two cars a long time ago from them, a ranger and then a focus (yeah a focus smh lol).

bdub85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers deserve to be blasted for this. I don't care if it's just one sales guy. That one sales guy happens to represent the dealer he works for just as I represent my company. It's inexcusable for a salesman to spout complete ********. Nobody is going to be an expert on everything, but they shouldn't flat out lie in order to validate their ridiculous markup.

My dealer has sold all their Raptors at MSRP, and they have been awesome. There are definitely good dealers out there. Just keep looking.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Nature of the business for many, many dealerships. Nothing new as the same type of scams were said to those trying to buy Gen1 Raptors.

At the end of the day, it's a Ford dealer and it doesn't matter that you are buying a truck for Mercedes territory 70k. The salespeople are used to selling 23k Focus hatchbacks to those with no money down and 450 FICO's for 27k.

A Raptor buyer is seen as no different from the Focus buyer other than maybe this person has more to rip off.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you hear it from the dealer, best believe it's true. I mean, are you going to trust a bunch of ******** on the internet over the official ford sales representative? No way.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers deserve to be blasted for this. I don't care if it's just one sales guy. That one sales guy happens to represent the dealer he works for just as I represent my company. It's inexcusable for a salesman to spout complete ********. Nobody is going to be an expert on everything, but they shouldn't flat out lie in order to validate their ridiculous markup.

My dealer has sold all their Raptors at MSRP, and they have been awesome. There are definitely good dealers out there. Just keep looking.

Couldn't agree more!

The only thing we have as consumers is our buying power. I know what local dealers will not be getting my money and I much rather support the good honest dealers so they stay in business. Those are the folks I want to support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Nature of the business for many, many dealerships. Nothing new as the same type of scams were said to those trying to buy Gen1 Raptors.

At the end of the day, it's a Ford dealer and it doesn't matter that you are buying a truck for Mercedes territory 70k. The salespeople are used to selling 23k Focus hatchbacks to those with no money down and 450 FICO's for 27k.

A Raptor buyer is seen as no different from the Focus buyer other than maybe this person has more to rip off.

Yeah the same dealers that claim to be "helping" them with 30% interest rates and keeping the 450 FICO people poor. Don't get me wrong you have to work for a 450 score but 30% interest? And in some cases more?!? What happened to doing what's right? Oh yeah greed...smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk