Light cannons vs squadrons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious on the distance factor. Lux is just a number the proof is the usable light, Thanks Huck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I'm curious on the distance factor. Lux is just a number the proof is the usable light

I will take measurements at 100 m intervals. As far as usable light, lux (lumens per meter^2) is THE unit to use. The illuminance provided by a light source, on a surface perpendicular to the direction to the source, is a measure of the strength of that source as perceived from that location.

Most manufacturers give output in lumens, maybe that is what you are thinking of.

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Don't have any comparisons to the Squadron XL's, but hopefully this sheds some "light" on the Cannons. 2'nd is the 4.5" and last is the 6.7". Both shots are from a SINGLE light, not a pair. Trident building is approximately 450-500 feet away

Attachments

• 1017427_664004393655994_706385999_n.jpg
    1017427_664004393655994_706385999_n.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 138

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha yes sorry Kaiser that's it.

I'm talking about the example Huck used.
Its hard to find any comparison so this will be awesome.

Sorry falc0n for going off topic.

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Holy crap those go far. I need more money quick hahaha. Thanks James they look great

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That was my point is that there is no correlation between lumens and lux.

Sorry I'm an engineer not an English major

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

falc0n

Reaction score
Don't have any comparisons to the Squadron XL's, but hopefully this sheds some "light" on the Cannons. 2'nd is the 4.5" and last is the 6.7". Both shots are from a SINGLE light, not a pair. Trident building is approximately 450-500 feet away
That output is insane! I wish I could cover my whole truck in the large light cannons. But if you were to pick the 4.5 light cannon or the squadron xl to put on your hood mounts, what would you pick and why? (for arguments sake let's say they're the same price)

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That output is insane! I wish I could cover my whole truck in the large light cannons. But if you were to pick the 4.5 light cannon or the squadron xl to put on your hood mounts, what would you pick and why? (for arguments sake let's say they're the same price)

In all honesty, I would go with the Cannons. Simply because on the hood, you want the least glare possible, and to do so you need a super-spot beam. The Cannons are just that... I have a set on our SxS and love them. I feel that the beam pattern on the hood mounts with these Cannons is perfect

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Both lights are pretty much the best of the best in their own ways.

If I wanted the most well suited light for the hood mounts, I'd choose the Light Cannons. If I wanted the best and most well suited lights for the fog light bumper cutouts, I'd choose the Squadron kit.

I'm sure the Squadrons project far, but I just don't think the physics is there for the four smaller reflectors and weaker LEDs to project as far as a single 25w LED with a significantly larger reflector.

Just my opinion...