light cannons or 20" LED bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scarrjack

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you could only pick one for now would you rather have the hood mounted light cannons or a 20"LED light bar in the lower grill? I am looking at getting one or the other but would like to hear from people that have tried both.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In my opinion, you'll get more overall light output from the 20" light bar. What light bar are you considering? The Light Cannons are awesome, but the they're a pretty tight spot beam and I personally wouldn't want them for my only auxiliary lights.

OP
OP
scarrjack

scarrjack

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't nailed down which 20" bar yet, there is a local dealer selling Aurora for about $480 he says that is the one he uses and loves it.
Do the covers for the light cannons work very well? I see you can get Euro and flood covers to change to light patterns, as well as different colours.
I am also getting new headlights from RsiWorks which will have the extra off-road projectors in them so the bar or cannons will supplement those.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The covers do make a big difference.

4.5" Light Cannon LED Light by Vision X Lighting - YouTube
Skip to about 1:15 in this video to see the difference.

My issue with the covers on Light Cannons mounted on the hood is that I think they'll bleed a lot of light on the hood and cause some glare. I haven't witnessed this personally... just my thoughts.

I was between Light Cannons for the hood mounts and a 20" for the bumper grill myself and couldn't decide. In the end I decided to start with a 40" behind the grille.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have both. I will say the 20" is nice for my setup because I am able to angle my d2s out and the 20" will cover the center and straight out. The cannons pick up the distance stuff just past the 20"

My 20" is a combo btw.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't nailed down which 20" bar yet, there is a local dealer selling Aurora for about $480 he says that is the one he uses and loves it.

You're Canadian so there's no need to worry about buying Chinese knockoffs :lol2:

If it were me running a stock bumper I'd start with a 20" Rigid light bar. Then I'd see if the Light Cannons would work in the bumper openings. I'm not a big fan of lights above the hood due to glare/reflection concerns. But I like pencil beams so I can see what's down the trail especially running at speed.