Light Bar Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SupermanUSAF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've currently got the Ford Racing light bar with 6 inch KCs on my truck. I was thinking about taking the middle 2 and mounting them upside down to run as fog lights and mounting and LED bar up top on the outside mounting brackets. Are there any LED bars out there that will fit without any major modifications to the bracket positions?

Thanks for the help.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about running an led bar, under the KC's, using it as your fog/runnig lights

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Depends on the measurements between the tabs? They make light bars from 4" to 50" you might have to change the brackets on the bar to hold a light bar but it should work out

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What size diameter is the bar? and the width between mounting holes.
BD has multiple different mounting options

OP
OP
S

SupermanUSAF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was thinking do it this way because Ohio requires a front license plate so I can't throw one in the lower grill. If I use the outside mounting points for the lower lights and the inside points for the LED bar it doesn't cover the license plate at all. I'll post a bad photo-chop of what I thinking about for opinions later.

BD - The bar is 1-3/4" O.D., .120 wall steel tubing with 4 mounting points 9-1/4" between each point (quick measurement taken at night w/ flashlight and tape measure).

OP
OP
S

SupermanUSAF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So these are the 2 options I was thinking. The inside mount would cover the license plate, but it's still there, so thats gotta count for something...right?

Attachments

• Inside Mount.jpg
    Inside Mount.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Outside Mount.jpg
    Outside Mount.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 63

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean like the blue truck on the end. He bought some light holders at pep boys. think they were $12
Meetandgreetandtrip002_zps1dfec044.jpg