LED tail lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saber22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am really disappointed in the "quality" of LED vehicle lighting coming out. They can't argue anymore that LED's are "new" technology for vehicles...Audi had an "all LED car" as early as 2009. They are becoming less and less expensive to produce as each month passes, they last forever, and they afford designers the flexibility to produce almost any shape and size given the small sizes. So...it begs the question..."what is the problem?". I have been trying to find a pair of LED tail lights for my Raptor for over a year now, and each time I think I found a pair worth buying (and there are not many choices, as we all know....), I discover from either a friend or fellow FRF member, they are a piece of "crap". I'm tempted to go into business and try my hand at building an LED Raptor light which lasts longer than a couple of months....

Aventador22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm tempted to go into business and try my hand at building an LED Raptor light which lasts longer than a couple of months....

They'll sell like hot cakes I swear. I've tried talking to RSI to finish his beautiful concept up and he said he would take a look at it again in the spring. No one makes quality LED tails.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What brand and shade? Were they precut or did you have to trim them to fit? Any close up photos? I don't really care for the LED tail lights either, so I definitely want to do this.

I see a Ram and a Wrangler that both have LED tails on my way to work almost every morning and you can barely tell the difference between normal illumination and when the brake lights come on.

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the place that did my wrap cut it out from a bigger sheet of "light smoke" film

they had a dark smoke too but I didn't want to get rear ended

I don't have my truck with me this week so I can't get you any better pictures right now

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Spyder seems to be the best aftermarket leds out there right now. They do use quality bulbs and are NOT made in China like the other two brands. The market really needs a high quality LED tail vendor but if I were going to buy right now it would ONLY be Spyder.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the place that did my wrap cut it out from a bigger sheet of "light smoke" film

they had a dark smoke too but I didn't want to get rear ended

I don't have my truck with me this week so I can't get you any better pictures right now

Who did your wrap?

OP
OP
bakkbakk

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spyder seems to be the best aftermarket leds out there right now. They do use quality bulbs and are NOT made in China like the other two brands. The market really needs a high quality LED tail vendor but if I were going to buy right now it would ONLY be Spyder.

So spyder/spyder lights aren't made in China yet they actually compete with the China made models price wise?

Hmm, guess it CAN be done