LED License Plate Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Wow. Those 24 lumens look bright. Maybe the picture just shows them brighter than they are.

I have the 56 lumen and they are great! I was worried about the glare off the rear camera but it's not too bad. I will say you can see better with the stock bulbs but the LED are worth a few minutes of extra brightness in the rear camera.

Good to know cause I ordered the 56

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jhillen50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the apollo optics license plate lights. Do I have to buy 2 for $8 each, or does 1 for $8 come with the set for 2?

Brodee42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to post up my pictures of the HP3 (65 lumens) led bulbs I purchased from Nick at Apollo Optics.

FullSizeRender_2.jpg
IMG_8331.jpg

I think they are perfect brightness compared to the led light on the tailgate and overhead bed light. No problems with glare or brightness with the backup camera.

Dealing with Nick at Apollo Optics was great. Fast shipping!

Thanks
Jason

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really hard to tell any difference in 24 lumens vs 65. Oh well, both seem to work.

Lanabat

Reaction score
@Nick@Apollo-Optics Hey Nick, received the LED bulbs today. Thanks for the shipping accommodation, I greatly appreciate it. Now just waiting for my Raptor to arrive (God knows when...) so I can test these bulbs out.

Or...if anyone in Sacramento County (CA) has a Raptor and would like to test these bulbs out, I would be more than happy to test these bulbs out on your Raptor and let you keep the pair you like most. I have the following bulbs:

HP3 Cool White (56 Lumens)
HP5 Cool White (92 Lumens)
SMD2 Cool White (24 Lumens)
SMD2 Warm White (24 Lumens)

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just wanted to post up my pictures of the HP3 (65 lumens) led bulbs I purchased from Nick at Apollo Optics.

FullSizeRender_2.jpg
IMG_8331.jpg

I think they are perfect brightness compared to the led light on the tailgate and overhead bed light. No problems with glare or brightness with the backup camera.

Dealing with Nick at Apollo Optics was great. Fast shipping!

Thanks
Jason

Thank you, Jason! Glad you're happy with your lights...let me know if I can help with anything else!

@Nick@Apollo-Optics Hey Nick, received the LED bulbs today. Thanks for the shipping accommodation, I greatly appreciate it. Now just waiting for my Raptor to arrive (God knows when...) so I can test these bulbs out.

Or...if anyone in Sacramento County (CA) has a Raptor and would like to test these bulbs out, I would be more than happy to test these bulbs out on your Raptor and let you keep the pair you like most. I have the following bulbs:

HP3 Cool White (56 Lumens)
HP5 Cool White (92 Lumens)
SMD2 Cool White (24 Lumens)
SMD2 Warm White (24 Lumens)

Thanks for your patience and I'm glad we could make it work! Looking forward to your pictures!

Really hard to tell any difference in 24 lumens vs 65. Oh well, both seem to work.

It's tough to notice the difference in pictures that weren't taken at the same time with the same camera. Another thing to consider is that most cameras will auto adjust brightness to not overexpose a picture. But that same feature will adjust the brightness of the different lights and make them look similar in a picture as well.