LED License Plate Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Heads up for anybody ordering the HP5's from Diode Dynamics (or our own ClaraLux CL10 Bulbs)... you may need to sand the top SLIGHTLY to make them fit. The 2015+ F150s have a different license plate area then earlier trucks and it's a TAD smaller. So our ClaraLux CL10 license plate bulbs (and the Diode Dynamics HP5s) are just a TAD longer. Now Diode has been known to sell a 2015+ version by removing the diffuser on the end... but that exposes the LED which we're not fans of. Better to have the diffuser cap on the end and just sand it a tad bit to allow it to fit in there.

I know some folks don't like the CL10 (100 lumen) 194 bulbs (aka, Diode Dynamics HP5... ClaraLux is just our own brand) because they are bright and that is true. On NON-LED equipped trucks (from the factory, without BLIS) you can replace your reverse lights, which outshines the license plate bulbs. BUT on BLIS/OEM LED equipped trucks, the license plate bulbs end up being really bright so when you go in reverse, the crappy factory reverse have a tough time competing and things look a bit... well OFF (if you've done LED in your license plate bulbs you know EXACTLY what I mean).

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Fury how long have you had them in? Check them for me. I had a similar set (still do) in my own truck and a few of the LEDs burnt out (my own truck has a LOT Of manufactuers on it as I test a lot of bulbs out). I bought them from someone else before coming out with my own line and I've yet to actually swap them yet... curious if anybody else has the same issue I've had (the ones I tried out were not Sirius "brand" but another brand, same bulb though)

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fury how long have you had them in? Check them for me. I had a similar set (still do) in my own truck and a few of the LEDs burnt out (my own truck has a LOT Of manufactuers on it as I test a lot of bulbs out). I bought them from someone else before coming out with my own line and I've yet to actually swap them yet... curious if anybody else has the same issue I've had (the ones I tried out were not Sirius "brand" but another brand, same bulb though)

I had them in my 2015 Platinum for 2yrs until I traded it in. I have had them in the Raptor for a week but will let you know if they fail.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
K cool, check the bulbs, see if any are out. I didn't realize I had some out till I went to look and try different bulbs I came out with (as I said I'm STILL running the other brand, not sure why I've yet to swap out 100% I guess I didn't want to open a new package for my own truck lol)

Dachuri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Previously installed cheaper "cool white" LEDs from Amazon that looked more like 4200K lights. Just bought the HP3 cool white from Apollo.

Now someone just needs to figure out how to replace the ugly interior LEDs soldered into the interior. Can't stand the yellow.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have an LED Board that may work for you Dachuri. They come with a few universal connectors.