GEN 2 Leaked info on motor? 2017 Raptor 450hp/510lb.-ft of torque

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Found another site but they didn't call out the poster here nor about the HARO FB page.

http://www.car24news.com/2017-ford-f-150-raptor-to-deliver-450-hp-and-510-lb-ft/

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

The Fast Lane Truck was the first one to report and use his username. Almost every other article after that sources back to the TFTL article.

Auto Spies calls it "LEAKED! The Image That Shook The World."

Yep, looks like ANDRE SMIRNOV is the *******. Need to send hate mail, need to find his email address....

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well this info was on our dealers source for obtaining product specs and information. I think that was an internal error with Ford that the hp and tq got posted before they wanted it to be out there. So any Ford dealership employee with login access that navigated to the right page would have been able to see that info while it was up.

What will be interesting now will be to see what the #'s are when they "officially" release them.

Honestly that blip of info slipping out probably just added even more hype to this already popular truck.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly. It's like comparing the previous GT motor to the Lightning motor. Both are 5.4L supercharged motors.

Except they never publicly said the the GT was sharing a motor with the lightning. In this case they specifically did say the 3.5 in the Raptor is being shared with the GT. The only difference between this new 3.5 and the f150 3.5 is pistons, turbo's and exhaust manifold. You think they'd say they share motors and then go and create yet another version? We're getting a lower compression, bigger turbo version of the 3.5 in the f150, just as the GT is, ours is just going to be tuned mildly as its not a race car

Last edited:

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Except they never publicly said the the GT was sharing a motor with the lightning. In this case they specifically did say the 3.5 in the Raptor is being shared with the GT. The only difference between this new 3.5 and the f150 3.5 is pistons, turbo's and exhaust manifold. You think they'd say they share motors and then go and create yet another version? We're getting a lower compression, bigger turbo version of the 3.5 in the f150, just as the GT is, ours is just going to be tuned mildly as its not a race car

I would lay money the the GT 3.5 has different pistons, cams, valves, valve springs, and intake. Possibly crank & heads as well. GT motor is a dry sump. Exhaust manifolds and downpipes are obviously different. Way more than tuning difference between the GT and Raptor.

Swimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this info was on our dealers source for obtaining product specs and information. I think that was an internal error with Ford that the hp and tq got posted before they wanted it to be out there. So any Ford dealership employee with login access that navigated to the right page would have been able to see that info while it was up.

What will be interesting now will be to see what the #'s are when they "officially" release them.

Honestly that blip of info slipping out probably just added even more hype to this already popular truck.

I wouldn't be surprised if they let it "slip" on purpose. Maybe they want to get the numbers out to the public, but can't do it officially yet for some silly legal reason.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would lay money the the GT 3.5 has different pistons, cams, valves, valve springs, and intake. Possibly crank & heads as well. GT motor is a dry sump. Exhaust manifolds and downpipes are obviously different. Way more than tuning difference between the GT and Raptor.

So they make a point of saying that the Raptor and standard F150 are different motors and specify pistons, turbo's and exhaust manifolds as differences. They also make a point of saying the Raptor shares its 3.5 HO with the GT and then some minions in the background secretly make sure they are totally different. Can someone pass the tinfoil?

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
So they make a point of saying that the Raptor and standard F150 are different motors and specify pistons, turbo's and exhaust manifolds as differences. They also make a point of saying the Raptor shares its 3.5 HO with the GT and then some minions in the background secretly make sure they are totally different. Can someone pass the tinfoil?

You seriously think a $400k supercar has the same motor as a $60k pickup? I think your foil hat is a little tight. I bet the most they have in common is the displacement. The last GT retailed at $120k and had a complete motor unique only to it.

It's all guessing and speculation until the part numbers become available.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You seriously think a $400k supercar has the same motor as a $60k pickup? I think your foil hat is a little tight. I bet the most they have in common is the displacement. The last GT retailed at $120k and had a complete motor unique only to it.

It's all guessing and speculation until the part numbers become available.

You seem hung up on the numbers yet ignore the stated facts from ford. They've said this engine is only shared between the GT and Raptor....will the tunes, exhaust, intake, etc be different? Hell ya, will they be the same motor minus the external parts? I'm gonna go with what ford has said themselves and not call them liars

SubSonicSOPMOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't be surprised if it was the same engine. Who knows what stupid reasons ford considers when pricing a 450k car. Materials are probably a lot but i bet most of that is marketing inflation. You have to have x amount followers on social media to even apply to own.

Wouldn't be surprised if the power plant was the cheapest thing in the new GT.