Leaf springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
1stSFG

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's a wide shot of the exhaust exit before having to move it tighter against the spare.

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 165
D

Deleted member 12951

With departure angle, those aren't the best exhaust for off roading? I know I have dragged my rear bumper.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@RDFTS Ive been curious about what the best exhaust exit is best for off roading? I know a lot of guys just hack it off after the axle (if its not there, it can't get in the way). Talked to a guy with Magnaflow at a show and he was telling me not to cut the exhaust right after the axle. He said it will resonate sound in the underside of the bed.

Right now I have the stock location with just a little bigger black tips. Is there a better location while still directing the exhaust out of the underside of the truck?

D

Deleted member 12951

I am no expect here but I would think that you can cut it farther past the axle as you want but look for the most clearance.

I've been thinking of a way that would be nice would be to cut it off but then have a muffler shop put a sleeve on it with some clamps. Then when you go off roading, remove the clamps and remove the end of the exhaust that drags. That way you have your street exhaust with no drone and off road exhaust and not worry about it.

scarrjack

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I replaced my Borla S type exhaust the other week (muffler was damaged and it would whine under hard acceleration) with a Magnaflow and had them cut it off after the rear axle. My new set up has practically no drone compared to my old Borla exhaust, I absolutely love it.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have a feeling that with the resonator off, there would be drone with the tailpipes cut right after the axle. I have the resonator off and that's my fear

OP
OP
1stSFG

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with tips or bumper to ground contact. I'm not hitting many approaches that steep straight on. Yet.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, back to the topic of the discussion...how are you liking the leafs so far?

What are you first impressions? Is it a major/very noticeable difference from the stocks?

Would you say that with the Gieser Bros progressive coils you have in front, that the truck is in better harmony? Much of an improvement in overall comfort?