Leaf Springs, Bump Stops, Shackles, and Traction bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Come on, don't lie to the new guy!!! You know we all run our trucks on MX tracks every weekend, That's what they are built for!!! :cool:

Midwest DIRTFEST at Valley Motorcross track Stanton MI

:)
That video is just classic !!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Agree here. Traction bars should be last if you are going deavers.

Disagree. Deavers, at best are a workaround and one that does nothing to address planting the rear end and keeping it from twisting and getting all bent out of shape. Especially true in sand, mud or other low traction scenarios.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Disagree. Deavers, at best are a workaround and one that does nothing to address planting the rear end and keeping it from twisting and getting all bent out of shape. Especially true in sand, mud or other low traction scenarios.

While I agree, if your budget is small I'd start with Deavers. More than just providing traction as a benefit.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While I agree, if your budget is small I'd start with Deavers. More than just providing traction as a benefit.
He is doing dirt roads and curbs. Does not need tractions bars. Especially if he does not change the weight bias by raising the front end like a Beverly Hills Chevy Impala.
Someone mentioned it in another thread. Add all your weight into your truck including a driver and measure before you do springs (ether end) and shackles. I think it only takes a 250lbs or so in the back to level it.

OP
OP
NickW

NickW

Reaction score
He is doing dirt roads and curbs. Does not need tractions bars. Especially if he does not change the weight bias by raising the front end like a Beverly Hills Chevy Impala.
Someone mentioned it in another thread. Add all your weight into your truck including a driver and measure before you do springs (ether end) and shackles. I think it only takes a 250lbs or so in the back to level it.

Don’t forget trips to the mall and MACdonalds. My truck has eibachs in the front from previous owner. I’m getting 1” lift with leaf springs to compensate.

Thanks for all of the feedback gents (and others)