Jon's 2021 Raptor Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
FREEZE451

FREEZE451

Reaction score
Gotta say, the impulsiveness in me is a grave sin.

I think I'm going to keep my level kit and 37's.

I like the look, and it rides just as good on 37's as 35's.

o_O

Now I want a cobb tune. lol

OP
OP
FREEZE451

FREEZE451

Reaction score
Well, picking up the Raptor in an hour or so - pulled the level kit and went back to stock 35's.

I did it for a couple reasons, but I'll be sure to leave feedback after driving the next few weeks.

The biggest thing that drove me nuts - any time I put something in the truck bed it looked like a California truck.

On top of that, I was leary about adding a tune - which is designed for 35 inch tires. Now yes, you can modify to believe it has 37's - but I had a hard time grasping that the tune would in turn accommodate the large tire size in relation to the torque and power to spin the 37's as the 35's. I could be WAY overthinking that, but just some food for my thought.

Rest easy my soul, lol it's just a truck.

See you all in 2 weeks with the 37s back on o_O

OP
OP
FREEZE451

FREEZE451

Reaction score
Well, put the 35s back on - can without a doubt notice a difference in handling and acceleration. To say there was no difference in my mind was a fallacy.

That being said, it's getting the level kit out today. The techs that they had on staff were not keen on talking the level kit out until their supervisor was back today, so it'll come out today.

I was under the impression it was a super easy task, but they are saying they need to disassemble the whole unit to remove the RPG level..

anyways.. It'll be done in a couple hours, hopefully, and I'll reset the ride height and be stock.

dragonass23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purchased my first Ford truck in October this year, that being a 2021 Raptor.

I test drove a RAM TRX and that thing was a beast, but it just didn't feel right to me. So, I opted for the Raptor.

So far, nothing crazy.

Took it to the hunting woods:
View attachment 385131
View attachment 385133

I did find out my truck has a RPG level kit, so I decided what better way to excercise that beauty than to throw some 37 inch tires on it..

View attachment 385132

Prior to added the 37's, I did get it in for the clunking noise - and they have new rear shocks on order. One showed up, just need the next one..

Overall, super happy with this truck.
Any rubbing with the 37s with the leveling kit? I have the 2.25" front leveled and want to go to 37s

OP
OP
FREEZE451

FREEZE451

Reaction score
Update #something.

The retainage collars that RPG sent were too small - not sure how, but they don't match or fit around the current space.

So.

They are putting the vehicle back together and I'll have a 1.5" perch until I can source some retainer clips around the shock.

Oh well!