Is it worth buying

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbaskin

Reaction score
Hi, I’m looking at buying a 2011 raptor with 147,000. It won’t be an every day driver. What are some things I should look for and is it worth it especially at the mills he it’s at?

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine has slightly more miles than that.
I got a deal I couldn't pass.
But, I am VERY happy to have it.
I do daily drive it in summer and REALLY enjoy that too.
Good luck

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, I’m looking at buying a 2011 raptor with 147,000. It won’t be an every day driver. What are some things I should look for and is it worth it especially at the mills he it’s at?
are you buying private or from a dealer? Do they provide a warranty of any kind? May want to invest in paying a mechanic to go through it for peace of mind.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 2011 from a dealer in 2018 with 40k miles and now have 135k. No major issues except the normal stuff, CV boots, shock rebuild, blend door actuator, fuse 27 and i did have the gps antenna and rear defrost go out shortly after buying. It would have been nice to have the cooled seats and sync 2 in the 13-14 but i upgraded the stereo anyway and i'm not hurting for the cooled seats. I'd say if its a good deal and looks good, go for it and would recomend an aftermarket warranty if you can get one. I had a warranty from Zurich and they covered the gps antenna and rear defrost so it was worth it to me

ugliestdrivingraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to add to that, check the bed alignment, if it is crooked the frame might be bent. Also check shocks and look at all control arm brackets, they can get bent in heavy offroading. pull off the door step trim and check in the rails there for standing water, indicating water leakage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter