Interested in Shorty Headers?

Are you interested in shorty headers

• Yes

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SO, I stopped by SW today on the way home from my place in MI and talked to Jason about getting a DIY header kit for shorty headers. I ordered a set of 6.2 head flanges and picked up a grab box of small 1 3/4in pieces to make my headers up. He said that if we get 10 people interested with a 100.00 deposit from each they would make a run of shorty headers...
So, I am making this poll to see who is interested.

Shorty header pro's..
No need for a tune to cancel out back O2's
Will not cause drone...
Can pass any state emission testing
can add up to +20hp and +25 Tq( more if you polish the exhaust ports when installing)
Cost is less...( no need for aftermarket cats)
Hook to factory cats...
No problems with warranty...

Shorty Con's..
Less hp and less Tq than long tube headers( LT's can add up to +30hp and +35 Tq)

Short answer, YES I will be in.

Long answer:
When you say "pass emissions tests", .. I have to worry about CARB. Do you know anything about that? I am under the impression that this approval takes a couple years. Will SW get this done for such a small run?

If they are easy enough to install/remove, I would get them anyway. So voted yes.

OP
OP
H

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Short answer, YES I will be in.

Long answer:
When you say "pass emissions tests", .. I have to worry about CARB. Do you know anything about that? I am under the impression that this approval takes a couple years. Will SW get this done for such a small run?

If they are easy enough to install/remove, I would get them anyway. So voted yes.

Shorty's do not change production cat locations or O2 sensors so they work just like stock manifolds... Anytime you change location of cats or O2 sensors is when you get MIL codes and problems...

arturom_1987

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am also interested I live in Cali emmisions is the worst here and would love to have them for my 6.2, let me know when to call SW I am definetly in!!!!! Also. An you ask them of they are going to be able to give us a group purchase discount? If we get 10 people that's a big chunk of change for SW I'm sure they can give us better pricing if we get this order through let us know what price they can work out for us.

Thanks

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter