Insurance: What the Fr*ck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Checked my GEICO app yesterday... my 6 month premium jumped up to $888! I feel like I'm getting taken advantage of here, so I'm looking around. I could skimp on coverage like deleting the rental car coverage or raising my deductible from $500 to $1000 but doing so would only lower it about $100/6 months.

My stats are as clean as can be: 29 y/o, no accidents, no tickets, driving since I was 16, have been a GEICO customer since I was 18, veteran, drive 10k miles a year

What is everyone paying for insurance?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Checked my GEICO app yesterday
There’s your problem.

I still haven’t forgiven this shítbags for denying my mother’s coverage; she was insured by gecko, was rear ended, BY A GEICO INSURED DRIVER, who was charged with the collision, but they refused to pay, right up until the day before court.

Fūck Geico and their stupid commercials.

As many F150’s as are stolen, and broken into, given how easy it is, I’m surprised we haven’t seen more of this.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I must be missing something as well or have excessive coverage. My 2023 is $950/6 months with $500 deductible and no rental coverage. Never even been pulled over, age 27 in Nevada.

CLTampa

Reaction score
Checked my GEICO app yesterday... my 6 month premium jumped up to $888! I feel like I'm getting taken advantage of here, so I'm looking around. I could skimp on coverage like deleting the rental car coverage or raising my deductible from $500 to $1000 but doing so would only lower it about $100/6 months.

My stats are as clean as can be: 29 y/o, no accidents, no tickets, driving since I was 16, have been a GEICO customer since I was 18, veteran, drive 10k miles a year

What is everyone paying for insurance?
I would take a look at state farm, they have always been the best for my family, and I shop it at least once a year... I do think your age plays into it a bit. I seem to remember that once my wife and I hit 34/35 it dropped massively.

OP
OP
Braaaaptor

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the recommendations, just called State Farm... they quoted me $258 a month for the same coverage!

I'm thinking its my zip code. I live one town over from a very.... not nice city where unfortunately there is a lot of crime. Really seems to be the biggest factor aside from my age.