Insurance for your upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thankfully I am friends with my agent. AAA tried to throw him under the bus. Told them he had all the proper documentation as well and I would not take a dime of his money. They were obligated to pay not the agent. He had proof they had recieved the documentation but they "couldn't" find so they said it would be best if his agency paid for the after maket items. It is mostly over now but I still clearly have strong feelings about what went down.

Not good........
So anything we can learn from that experience?

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I learned proper documentation is important but not always enough. Sometimes you have to also be willing to put in the time fighting for what you are owed. Learned that leason a long time ago. It is just the best take away from this experience.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone have any aftermarket experience with Farmers? I'm very happy with my coverage and what I pay for with them. I must say that I'm friends with my agent and after a claim 1.5 years ago, everything was a breeze. Of course, my premium increased a bit, but it's not too bad. Now, I just need to check on the aftermarket coverage.

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Someone I know had a minor collision while being insured under Geico... Took 6 months but she won and was given her $ back.

Geico needs full documentation of all aftermarket parts and a declaration that it will not be used for competition races and they will cover you

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This reminds me. I had everything filled out with geico and never got to one if their shops to have it inspected. Have to get on that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
They actually want you to go in Luke? We did not have to do that. We did have to contact them like three times (it never showed up on the statement) and eventually fill out the itemized list with values, plus the pictures if the truck. Now, its on the statement. Customizations $x and premium $x