installed borla 140383 tonite

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VMR

Reaction score
Ahhh, yes. They are very, very close. If they are touching then they messed up. That doesn't seem to be something that can be fixed short of a swap.

Yea it sucks, getting some resistance from the vendor who I bought it from, they are telling me I gotta send back the whole system then they will send out a new one, that it is only sold as an entire kit :think:. All I need is the rear section?!?! I'm not taking off the whole exhaust they are gong to send me the rear section and going to swap it out.

Gotta see what ford racing says tomorrow.

And you have not gotten any rattle correct?

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And you have not gotten any rattle correct?

Nope, none. I have a video on my sig that shows it running. They guys that installed it said it might rattle since it looked like they are almost touching. But they are not, and they don't rattle. And I have them hooked up to a Flowmaster 40 that drones like a motherf$&$#%...

Gilligan

Reaction score
my instagram has 2 videos, both are of my exhaust. The first one is a borla s-type connected to the factory resonator, the 2nd is with a resonator delete but no other changes.

Instagram

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just though I'd throw in some food for thought. I just picked one of Ford Racing's sport system. Which use to be the Borla S type system, but it is now completely revamped as pictured below. Both Ford's sport and touring use the dual muffler setup, the touring with an included resonator, the sport with a straight pipe to replace it. And exhaust tips are now welded on not clamped. Mine was manufactured just last week, have not put it on yet, but I was informed they have broken away from these system being twins to the borla setup.

M-5200-F15R145L.jpg

A question for you, did your Ford racing sport type look just like this pic that you posted, 2 separate mufflers and the resonator delete pipe?

Thanks

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just though I'd throw in some food for thought. I just picked one of Ford Racing's sport system. Which use to be the Borla S type system, but it is now completely revamped as pictured below. Both Ford's sport and touring use the dual muffler setup, the touring with an included resonator, the sport with a straight pipe to replace it. And exhaust tips are now welded on not clamped. Mine was manufactured just last week, have not put it on yet, but I was informed they have broken away from these system being twins to the borla setup.

M-5200-F15R145L.jpg

Need sound clips!!

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called the Ford Racing tech today and had a good conversation, the Sport model is just as described above and in the picture, if you want to hear what it sounds like, look on YouTube and type in CJ pony parts raptor .They have the full install and sound clips, great video, and in the video when they remove the stock exhaust you can see they take out the resonator also.

Difference from the system in the video to the new Ford Racing Sport system is the new one has welded on tips and the mufflers are still made by Borla to Ford Racing specs, but they will sound very close if not exactly the same . You can use this for sound judgement.

I just ordered the cat back for my 2014 , part number is M 5200 F15R145 L , I bought mine from AMP Performance out of Phoenix, they will have a few more of the sport systems in stock end of May/ early June. Ford is shipping some out starting the 20th. They are a great shop, if you call the talk with Tom. Tell him I sent you. I will post pics of install when I get mine soon!

Patrick.

Last edited: