installed borla 140383 tonite

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cricket

Reaction score
Just use a straight pipe any muffler shop can make or get one for you then have it welded on in place of the resonator. I finally did it on mine and it made a big difference compared to with it on. It also got a little louder after a month or so. Sounds good now the way it should have to begin with. I cant believe Borla doesn't make a pipe to replace the resonator. Such a simple thing and makes the S-Type muffler sound as it should. Also, I did not loose any back pressure of low in torque. Performs and sounds great.

NorCalRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what are you guys using for a resenator delete? Ive been thinking about contacting borla to see if what they use on the touring would aslo fit the s type.

I had an atak on my 5.0 and it was amazing. I was hoping the s type would at least be quite a bit more agressive than stock.

I did a resonator delete and the exchaust guy just used a straight pipe. I am very happy I decided to get rid of the resonator at the last min. Cheers

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
what are you guys using for a resenator delete? Ive been thinking about contacting borla to see if what they use on the touring would aslo fit the s type.

I had an atak on my 5.0 and it was amazing. I was hoping the s type would at least be quite a bit more agressive than stock.

A cheap piece of pipe. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 72

VMR

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just though I'd throw in some food for thought. I just picked one of Ford Racing's sport system. Which use to be the Borla S type system, but it is now completely revamped as pictured below. Both Ford's sport and touring use the dual muffler setup, the touring with an included resonator, the sport with a straight pipe to replace it. And exhaust tips are now welded on not clamped. Mine was manufactured just last week, have not put it on yet, but I was informed they have broken away from these system being twins to the borla setup.

M-5200-F15R145L.jpg

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those are the pipes I picked up in eBay. They look awesome.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 64

VMR

Reaction score
Those are the pipes I picked up in eBay. They look awesome.

Yes they look awesome but I just finished installing my exhaust system today and those great looking tips rattle against each other something terrible :Frustrated:. Makes you made going from a stock system to a supposedly top notch ford racing one (made by Borla of course) and have this kind of issue right out of the box. Especially since this was not a cheap exhaust.

Makes the whole system sound like crap from outside and inside at certain rpms. Tried to spread them apart a bit, no go.

Anyone else have this issue on these? Getting in contact with ford racing tomorrow about it.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do yours have a welded support? Mine are very tight but don't touch, and this support keeps it so.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 65

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's another view. The support is just north of the tips about less than a foot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 60

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup I have that as well, weld must have been a hair off and they are touching.

Ahhh, yes. They are very, very close. If they are touching then they messed up. That doesn't seem to be something that can be fixed short of a swap.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited: