Installed a Black Widow Muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ProjecT 9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's the sound with headers? Wondering if those would be a good replacement to Quiet up my stainless works.

Last edited:

mike.s

Reaction score
I'll be getting the Pro Venom 250 to go with my American Racing Headers. I'll post a video once it's installed.

Pro_Venom_250_Series_muffler_copy__90841.1427313090.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm over here taking off a borla xr1 because it's too loud, and now you have me wanting to make exhaust setup #12 a black widow. Thanks a lot Charlie

mike.s

Reaction score
I'm over here taking off a borla xr1 because it's too loud, and now you have me wanting to make exhaust setup #12 a black widow. Thanks a lot Charlie

Wow, that's a lot of different exhausts setups. What else have you tried? I'm coming from a Corsa. I like the Corsa, but I want a smaller muffler, and Black Widow seems to have a good sound.

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's a lot of different exhausts setups. What else have you tried? I'm coming from a Corsa. I like the Corsa, but I want a smaller muffler, and Black Widow seems to have a good sound.

I've ran single 3.5" aero turbine, single 3.5 Borla xr1, both with a tail pipe or dumped in front of the axle, dual spin tech pro street 3" with an x pipe with and without cats, flow master single chamber, dual 3" aeros dumped and with tail pipes, and now I'm back to high flow cats and a stock muffler. It doesn't sound that bad, but it's kind of tinny. I just got tired of the sound inside. Everything I've owned since I was 16 has been obnoxiously loud and I've had enough for now. I put on too many miles to be constantly annoyed by in cab noise. Raptors got 95k on it in 3 years and it's not even my every day work truck

factive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dig the side exit before the tire. Looks good.

Be wary of the side exit if you have headers. I have SW headers & Corsa sport and had a side exit for a few weeks. It was just too damn loud in cabin for me. I had to move to a semi-dump after the axle. I say semi dump because I had them try and point it as much straight back as possible to minimize drone. I would be interested in testing one of the mufflers to compare against my corsa, the sound is not quite as deep as I'd like now with the headers.

Last edited:

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've ran single 3.5" aero turbine, single 3.5 Borla xr1, both with a tail pipe or dumped in front of the axle, dual spin tech pro street 3" with an x pipe with and without cats, flow master single chamber, dual 3" aeros dumped and with tail pipes, and now I'm back to high flow cats and a stock muffler. It doesn't sound that bad, but it's kind of tinny. I just got tired of the sound inside. Everything I've owned since I was 16 has been obnoxiously loud and I've had enough for now. I put on too many miles to be constantly annoyed by in cab noise. Raptors got 95k on it in 3 years and it's not even my every day work truck

How did the Aero's sound?