Installed "****** 9500ci Passport Ultimate Radar - Laser Defense System" on my Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
That would be sweet. I would really like to make it as hidden as possible because of Canada's OPP.
They're not easy going at all. That's why I'd like to do it myself and take my time in doing it.

Yeah they suck alright. And their radar detecter detecters are for real too.
On this side of Canada, they primarily use photo radar. Your ticket is simply mailed to you. But the Passport I was looking at when I got the alarm would also record where these cameras were and give you ample warning to get off the pedal.
At almost $3,000 though - I'm just going to take it easy touring around, as bumpers and an exhaust certainly are higher on my list.

More on that Ironman - not sure what border crossing you use, but from Buffalo the QEW highway is not a cool spot to get nabbed for speeding. At 50kph (30mph) over the limit, your truck is impounded, you get a $10,000 fine on the spot, and have a court date. Not cool.

Last edited:

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Yeah they suck alright. And their radar detecter detecters are for real too.
On this side of Canada, they primarily use photo radar. Your ticket is simply mailed to you. But the Passport I was looking at when I got the alarm would also record where these cameras were and give you ample warning to get off the pedal.
At almost $3,000 though - I'm just going to take it easy touring around, as bumpers and an exhaust certainly are higher on my list.

More on that Ironman - not sure what border crossing you use, but from Buffalo the QEW highway is not a cool spot to get nabbed for speeding. At 50kph (30mph) over the limit, your truck is impounded, you get a $10,000 fine on the spot, and have a court date. Not cool.

I cross Detriot/Windsor border, no photo radar and yes that 50 over law is a load of crap how they take away your vehicle.
I'm looking at some systems on e-bay around 1100 to 1200 just for the system
then I'm going to install myself. Seems to be a straight forward install. I hope.:hmm:

OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just FYI JP, the system I bought DOES do that and does it well. I live in a city filled with red light cams and from the day I picked it up from the installer, the pre-loaded red light database had the thing giving me a quick double beep about 200 feet before a red light cam and then another double beep right before entering the intersection. The preloaded ones seemed to be bigger intersections, but intersections with new red light cams are easy enough to store for future reference.

My Dad has the same radar installed in his new whip and he has it where both the tiny screen and controller are hidden in the center console.... He didnt want ANYTHING on the dash and doesn't bother reading the screen... he just listens to the different sounds and reacts accordingly.

This setup is SO tiny it would be easy to hide from the Canadian Radar Nazis you and Iron are evading. You would want a black license plate frame to disguise the rear mounted detector/shifter though. Everything else could be completely hidden from view without The Mounties doing some serious digging into your vehicle.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Just FYI JP, the system I bought DOES do that and does it well. I live in a city filled with red light cams and the day I picked it up from the installer, the pre-loaded red light database had the thing giving me a quick double beep about 200 feet before a red light cam and then another double beep right before entering the intersection. The preloaded ones seemed to be bigger intersections, but intersections with new red light cams are easy enough to store for future reference.

My Dad has the same radar installed in his new whip and he has it where both the tiny screen and controller are hidden in the center console.... He didnt want ANYTHING on the dash and doesn't bother reading the screen... he just listens to the different sounds and reacts accordingly.

This setup is SO tiny it would be easy to hide from the Canadian Radar Nazis you and Iron are evading. You would want a black license plate frame to disguise the rear mounted detector/shifter though. Everything else could be completely hidden from view without The Mounties doing some serious digging into your vehicle.

Thats cool - the detectors are actually still legal here in Alberta - but I heard that won't be for long. I'm usually pretty good about sticking with the speed limit, so this mod isn't high on my wish list - but you've provided a great description and some positive information for all of us to read!

OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, by the price tag you can tell ****** is damn proud of them :( ....But I will say it has caught every single cop using radar/laser with plenty of time to spare since I got it and I am not good about obeying the speed limit so that comes in very handy for me. It has alerted me to some Law Dogs that were hiding out in places I NEVER would have expected.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Last time I got pulled over in canada because their detector detected my radar he asked me to search my car and made me wait in front of it while he looked all inside and out side of my car. He never did check ME :). That's what I was told is to put it in your back pocket because I guess they can't really seach you. If I did this system I would really have to make it blend in or I'm screwed.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Daaaamn!!

Those hosers are pretty strIct, eh?

Yep they are. Kinda like the State Troopers - but I'd swear they get paid a commision on each ticket.

Also, they can search you in person and there's nothing you can do about it - all they need is a suspicion of drugs or weapons and your rights go out the window.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Yep they are. Kinda like the State Troopers - but I'd swear they get paid a commision on each ticket.

Also, they can search you in person and there's nothing you can do about it - all they need is a suspicion of drugs or weapons and your rights go out the window.

Yes with weapons and drugs they can but they need to have probable cause.