ICON RXT with front stock shocks

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Another option. Buy new replacement front then I can deal with the rebuild when I get back and sell those to make back some of the money spent. Already sent PM to some supporting vendor for some prices.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

UPDATE:

Okay called ICON this morning. He said if I ran with stock shocks up front, considering the RXT is new, I would be the first person that has done it. Said it would work, and just fine for street driving but off-road would not be ideal. Could run slow but who wants that. He did say if I did do it, call back and let them know. Well I am not one to be a Guinea pig, so guess I am going to cross that idea off. I did ask them about recharging and running them regardless, NOT recommended when off-roading. For street, yeah no problem.

My only option was buying new and get these rebuilt later and sell to get done in time. I might still do that and will put a feeler to what they might go for.

So I call TPM Racing to see if I can ship them there for an ICON certified rebuild and pick them up in San Antonio on my way to Raptoberfest (well out of the way actually). Owner tells me he no longer rebuilds for ICON, just Fox and King. So back to the new option, damn!

TPM owner asks what's going on. Tell him Trey is putting on a raptor event and this whole thing is bumming me out and having to find some new ones then. He tells me damn, I like Trey (He know Trey from the racing circuit) and says get down here and lets get you taken care of for Trey's event. So I am driving to San Antonio (12hr drive) and is going to wait for me, even if its 7-8pm and will be taking the one shock off the truck, rebuild while we wait and put it back on. After the event when I get home, will get the other rebuilt when I am not rushed for time. I can't believe TPM is doing this for me. I am not going to discuss what he is charging me but let's say it's cheap and a case of beer! I am in awe and very grateful.

P.S. I am throwing my stockers in the bed, just in case....

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Okay called ICON this morning. He said if I ran with stock shocks up front, considering the RXT is new, I would be the first person that has done it. Said it would work, and just fine for street driving but off-road would not be ideal. Could run slow but who wants that. He did say if I did do it, call back and let them know. Well I am not one to be a Guinea pig, so guess I am going to cross that idea off. I did ask them about recharging and running them regardless, NOT recommended when off-roading. For street, yeah no problem.

My only option was buying new and get these rebuilt later and sell to get done in time. I might still do that and will put a feeler to what they might go for.

So I call TPM Racing to see if I can ship them there for an ICON certified rebuild and pick them up in San Antonio on my way to Raptoberfest (well out of the way actually). Owner tells me he no longer rebuilds for ICON, just Fox and King. So back to the new option, damn!

TPM owner asks what's going on. Tell him Trey is putting on a raptor event and this whole thing is bumming me out and having to find some new ones then. He tells me damn, I like Trey (He know Trey from the racing circuit) and says get down here and lets get you taken care of for Trey's event. So I am driving to San Antonio (12hr drive) and is going to wait for me, even if its 7-8pm and will be taking the one shock off the truck, rebuild while we wait and put it back on. After the event when I get home, will get the other rebuilt when I am not rushed for time. I can't believe TPM is doing this for me. I am not going to discuss what he is charging me but let's say it's cheap and a case of beer! I am in awe and very grateful.

P.S. I am throwing my stockers in the bed, just in case....

Running the stock fronts would be totally manageable, you'll just have to dial out some compression in the rear.
Just recharging nitrogen after oil loss allows the ifp to slam against the end of the resevoir repeatedly. And if the ifp is bottomed out, it doesn't matter how much pressure you put in the reservoir, the shock body won't see it.
It's worth investing in a $20 shock cap tool and a $70 nitrogen fill valve, this won't be the last time you have to replace seals...they're easy to do.