GEN 2 ICON .5-2.25" Attitude Adjustment Collar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsrick80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got these Icons installed from a shop nearby. I had then install at the recommended 1.5 inch.

I measured them one it was complete and noticed there was a 5/8 inch difference between the driver and passenger side. All things were equal in terms of weight and I parked my truck in two different locations just to rule out the way variables of how the truck was sitting.

I failed to measure prior to the icon upgrade.

Does anyone see 5/8 as enough to worry about?

Thanks in advance

dd07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got these Icons installed from a shop nearby. I had then install at the recommended 1.5 inch.

I measured them one it was complete and noticed there was a 5/8 inch difference between the driver and passenger side. All things were equal in terms of weight and I parked my truck in two different locations just to rule out the way variables of how the truck was sitting.

I failed to measure prior to the icon upgrade.

Does anyone see 5/8 as enough to worry about?

Thanks in advance

I'm not answering you question, but not now thinking about going for 2'' instead of 1.5''.

FTCHMUP

Reaction score
I bought my truck used with 37's. It has icon 1.5" collars and I assume the .5" spacer on the top ( you cant see it but I feel it and it doesn't look like there are a lot of threads left on the studs ). Front sits about 1.25" - 1.5" higher than the back with the shell on. Front fender opening is 42.25" of the ground.
I would like to lift the back 1.5", seems like deaver +3 is the way to go from what I am reading??

Attachments

• IMG_4480.JPG
    IMG_4480.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_4478.JPG
    IMG_4478.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 108

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would like to lift the back 1.5", seems like deaver +3 is the way to go from what I am reading??

In your case, you might need to call Deaver and see if they can custom make you a set of +3s that will factor in the additional weight on your bed. You're not going to get 1.5" of lift from just the +3 Deavers. Especially after they settle.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

In your case, you might need to call Deaver and see if they can custom make you a set of +3s that will factor in the additional weight on your bed. You're not going to get 1.5" of lift from just the +3 Deavers. Especially after they settle.

Call Deaver? A forum vendor can assist with a custom order, like Freedom Motorsports... :)

Ok this is a common misconception we see a lot. The answer to say a 500lbs of bed weight is not just order a taller springs and hope it settles into an acceptable height. What happens is the spring fatigues faster because it is be subjected to loads it was not designed for. For 500lbs added weight we just get a custom set for more load which is gained by changing the material thickness on some of the leafs. Lead time is 6 weeks but in the long run a better product for our customers to be putting on their truck.

FTCHMUP

Reaction score
thanks for the input.
I am a little nervous about getting custom springs and then finding out my new Raptor rides like a Sherman tank.

Do you guys have some customers you have done this for that I could contact? prices?

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am 99% sure forum member MTF has custom Deaver +2s that have an additional beefier leaf or two in them (to assist with wheel hop in his supercharged rig). He is who I found out you can get custom Deavers from. I personally just wound up getting traction bars instead so my Deavers are standard issue (and one of the best mods I have on the truck). You should PM MTF if you want to ask for feedback.

Also, Rick is right - Deaver will probably be more responsive to a vendor who has an existing relationship/contact with them.

Rick - my bro and I are still working on the details of the next stage for our trucks but we will definitely be in touch for at least one set of the +3s at some point in the near future. I'm currently thinking about a cantilever set up for the rear or maybe buying a new Platinum and retiring my Raptor from street duty... which means I could link it... decisions decisions...

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are just HD springs. I ordered +3 HD and they are enroute this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk