I have a $500 over commitment.... now what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nogm4me

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to Randy, but I think the distance is too far. I e-mailed a dealer 20 miles away who has an allotment who said yes to a Red Super Cab Styleside order with option 43M. They want $1000 deposit to do the deal. I do not yet know what the "invoice price" is and what dealer fees and prep they have. Things must be tough in Florida, because as soon as my e-mails went out, the dealers have been calling. A dealer from Orlando and now my local dealer are interested. Does $1000 deposit sound o.k.? I thought I read that you shouldn't leave over $500. What are reasonable dealer fees? Wow, looks like we're gonna order a Red Supertruck! Thanks for your help, Dave.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never do more than $500.00 and most of the time my word is good enough. Hell, I drove off a lot with my F350 (when it was new) without filling out ANY paperwork.

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
/shrug.. I put down $1000 and had no problem with it. I knew I was going to buy it, I wasn't going to back out or change my mind and it would just come off the price so I didn't really care.

Normally I've put down $500 in the past. I think anywhere in that range is reasonable.

~BGM

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I gave them my card to put a $1K deposit on, but they never did. They wanted the paper, but they knew if I backed out they'd sell it, no problem. Sure, you could probably get them down lower if you want, but to me it didn't matter. It is money you are spending regardless.