How will the Raptor compare to my Silverado 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kjbeggs

Reaction score
Well, if you don't like people staring when you drive by, and making small talk at every gas station or store parking lot, then you'll hate owning a Raptor.

NTXrptr

Reaction score
I traded my'04 Ext Cab Z71 in when I picked my Raptor in November and there is no comparison! I've been GM loyal my whole life and haven't looked back since.

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I owned a 2000 4WD Stepside LS Silverado and traded it in for the Raptor.

The difference is like . . . :hmm:
dating the
'Spelling B Queen' vs 'Head' 'Cheerleader'
:gr_grin:

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ordered up a new Raptor Screw on Tuesday. In the past I've owned all Chevy trucks:

97 single cab WT
2001 extended cab 1500
2006 crew dab 1500

I only had very minor issues with them over the years, and never even considered switching to Ford until I saw the Raptor. Having said that, has anyone else made the switch from Chevy before and if so how have you fared? Any regrets?

I had a 2006 Z71 and a 2008 Z71 before the Raptor. No regrets, here. You really can't compare the Raptor to another stock truck.

When I started looking at a new truck in 2010 / 2011, I was comparing Frod and GM. I took the age long debate of the engine and drivetrain strength and durability out of my thought process. What does each company offer above and beyond the hp and tq numbers.

The Ford just offered a lot more. I was originally going for a 250 powerstroke, but after reviewing if I really needed that towing capability, I looked hard at the Raptor.

The Raptor was like one of my other GM vehicles though. Right off the assembly line it has all sorts of off-road goodies. GM has nothing that can even come close to this truck

Mayhem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't really play the brand loyalty game. I don't entirely care what brand makes a vehicle. I just care how much I enjoy said vehicle. How the company treats me as a customer, and the quality of the product I am paying for.

That said, having had 3 GM's and the Raptor being my 2nd ford.... I have absolutely no desire to touch a GM vehicle again anytime soon.. Unless it's free or I win the lottery and can afford to have one as a 4th or 5th vehicle. I don't hate GM... but I haven't had any luck with GM whatsoever.

Every GM vehicle Ive had was full of problems, (GMC Jimmy, Pontiac Montana , 2010 Camaro SS/RS) Not really a truck to compare to the Raptor but... They all had tons of problems/quality issues. I absolutely love Camaro's... But don't see myself giving them my money, so they can give me more problems again anytime soon. Camaro was the clincher that left the bitter taste in my mouth. Brand new car full of problems from day 1.
And got the worst treatment ever, in trying to get the issues resolved.

Love the Raptor. 2010.5 6.2L scab. Not really any major issues. Very happy with the quality. My biggest problem was the rough transmission shifting that seems to have been fixed since I got the update done. I love pretty much everything about the truck otherwise.

Any other issues I've had have been dealer specific problems.. Not really Raptor or Ford problems.

Raptor loves gas. So.... I am looking at getting a more long distance commute friendly vehicle to be my daily driver... I am sticking with Ford if I do.. (Fiesta ST) Was previously considering a few Japanese vehicles, but then I saw & read up on the fiesta ST.

I just can't appreciate spending $400 per week on gas anymore to drive the Raptor everywhere.

Zero regrets leaving GM for the Raptor though.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
It is my first vehicle, my raptor... although my parents love it so much they have gotten a king ranch expedition el for mom, and a 2013 platinum f150 for dad.... We are officially now a ford family besides my brother with a 2012 jetta tdi and a 2003 duramax.

A direct comparison with my raptor and my brothers duramax is reliability. His main problems are suspension and engine... I have had 0 problems.

I.will be ford for the rest of my life.