How long does it take to change a power steering pump?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cbass953

Reaction score
Well, it's going on 3 weeks now that my truck has been in the shop. Apparently there is only one power steering pump for a 6.2 and that is in Texas. Yes, it took them 2 weeks to find that one too. So if I'm lucky it will be here Tues. and might have the truck back by next Fri. Sorry for the rant just needed to vent.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Well, it's going on 3 weeks now that my truck has been in the shop. Apparently there is only one power steering pump for a 6.2 and that is in Texas. Yes, it took them 2 weeks to find that one too. So if I'm lucky it will be here Tues. and might have the truck back by next Fri. Sorry for the rant just needed to vent.

Wow. Took my Raptor in for a PS pump on 08/19 and the dealer did not have one in stock so they ordered one. The pump arrived 08/20 and the dealer called me at 11:30AM that my Raptor was ready to go.

I'm no big fan of my dealer but they did the warranty repair super fast. A PS pump could be driven from any dealer in the country in less time. China could have smuggled a child laborer holding a PS pump faster!

Last edited: