Hood vent led lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good timing on this post. I finally got around to doing this today. The bigger strips are much better. I went amber on all to match accents lights.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Well you have enough to do the hood vents, knock them out, and do the side vents after.

I ended up doing the side vents since the wiring was there anyways. I had the 2 spares left over from first time I ordered so I removed pucks and put 3 strips per side. I already soldered wires for the hood lights and ran them into engine bay and zip tied out of the way. Definitely brighter than the pucks ever where.

be original. come up with something

I think you misunderstood, I only got half of what I needed to do fender and hood. Only had enough to do one or the other. :)

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Got the 4 missing LED strips in Monday and put them in after work last night...... ******* weather, was 70's yesterday and this morning 30's.

J Damage, thanks for the write-up. Install went smoothly, tool make quick work of removing the vents. I placed them in same location as suggested, but I don't trust this adhesive.... I put few strips of electrical tape between the LEDs at top and bottom of each strip to help keeping them in place. This morning you can BARELY notice them when driving in the dark.

Before weekend is over I'll have the material behind the fender vent SVT cut out too, trying to finish up my movie room as well. :)

Pictures are during they day with garage closed so only light is through windows on garage door. Sorry for the phone pictures, I'll take some better ones at night with the DSLR

IMG_20150304_170620.jpg
IMG_20150304_170643.jpg
IMG_20150304_170752.jpg
IMG_20150304_170845.jpg

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks badass. I have the lights and SVT logos sitting at home. My install should begin Tuesday!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great call on this mod. I just finished mine tonight. Looks great! Had the side vents for a while, but the hood vents really enhance the whole package.

OP
OP
J DAMAGE

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the 4 missing LED strips in Monday and put them in after work last night...... ******* weather, was 70's yesterday and this morning 30's.

J Damage, thanks for the write-up. Install went smoothly, tool make quick work of removing the vents. I placed them in same location as suggested, but I don't trust this adhesive.... I put few strips of electrical tape between the LEDs at top and bottom of each strip to help keeping them in place. This morning you can BARELY notice them when driving in the dark.

Before weekend is over I'll have the material behind the fender vent SVT cut out too, trying to finish up my movie room as well. :)

Pictures are during they day with garage closed so only light is through windows on garage door. Sorry for the phone pictures, I'll take some better ones at night with the DSLR

IMG_20150304_170620.jpg
IMG_20150304_170643.jpg
IMG_20150304_170752.jpg
IMG_20150304_170845.jpg

Looks good, did you enjoy pulling the little clips out of the hood after the vents were removed, lol, hardest part of the whole job. I just cleaned up the area with alcohol and used a heat gun making sure the surface was worm, then stuck the strips on, still sticking good.

Last edited:

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Looks good, did you enjoy pulling the little clips out of the hood after the vents were removed, lol, hardest part of the whole job. I just cleaned up the area with alcohol and used a heat gun making sure the surface was worm, then stuck the strips on, still sticking good.
I did and also used heat gun to make sure strips stay down. The adhesive on these 4 strips is crap compared to ones I originally got.

Teaser pic of what I just finished, no recon junk here! I'll do new thread this weekend on how I did it.

Attachments

• IMG_20150306_184611.jpg
    IMG_20150306_184611.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 156

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did and also used heat gun to make sure strips stay down. The adhesive on these 4 strips is crap compared to ones I originally got.

Teaser pic of what I just finished, no recon junk here! I'll do new thread this weekend on how I did it.

Dang it, you guys are killing me! I'm stuck here on the rig with my lights waiting on me at home. Monday cant get here soon enough.

Looks great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk