Honest opinion, Influencing your children???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don’t know much about the RC world... what’s wrong with traxxas?

also who would you prefer then?

They aren't too bad inherently. Almost all of them have at least one think that will break immediately that will need upgrading. They have good parts availability.

My issue is they are a medium to low quality RC pretending to be high end, with a high end price tag.

A good analogy would be a $20k Harley and a $20k Ducati. Same price, but one is made of carbon fiber and is a new advanced design, the other is a air cooled, oil leaking, low horsepower, 20 year old design for the same price.

The Half of Traxxas's models we started like 20 years ago, and they still ask premium prices.

I see people asking $400 used for some bs traxxas slash when you can get a used 1/8 scale buggy for that price.

And fanboys love em, and I hate fanboys.

For your money, there are better RC's out there.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s a couple companies you would recommend?
Ironically Traxxas is actually a top brand, which I think leads to a lot of people disliking it. Losi and Redcat are also good. Most people starting out usually start with a Slash or TRX4, I’m an old school Tamiya guy who would spend weekends building my kits back in the day, but now prefer the RTR kits. It really boils down to what do you want? Best advice is go to the local RC hobby shop and look, you will get better advice there than here. Just had a buddy get a Traxxas Bigfoot for his little boy, a surprisingly fun yard basher for a 5 y/o, who finally broke the wheel hub when he rammed a tree full speed. But it’s a father/son thing and with chores and allowance is already talking upgrades.

OP
OP
bubb2521

bubb2521

Reaction score
Ironically Traxxas is actually a top brand, which I think leads to a lot of people disliking it. Losi and Redcat are also good. Most people starting out usually start with a Slash or TRX4, I’m an old school Tamiya guy who would spend weekends building my kits back in the day, but now prefer the RTR kits. It really boils down to what do you want? Best advice is go to the local RC hobby shop and look, you will get better advice there than here. Just had a buddy get a Traxxas Bigfoot for his little boy, a surprisingly fun yard basher for a 5 y/o, who finally broke the wheel hub when he rammed a tree full speed. But it’s a father/son thing and with chores and allowance is already talking upgrades.
Thanks for the reply