HiLift Jack Mounted in the Bed - Tons 'o Pics!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lookin good BigJ. Your design got my brain working. Here's what I did, design to completion 2.5 hours...

IMAG0853_zpse5156208.jpg

IMAG0854_zpsf04ea40c.jpg

IMAG0856_zps60aed28d.jpg

...of course I only had one 1/2-13 wingnut. One of these days I'll get around to buying another.

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! I need something like that!

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

It was pretty simple. Next up I'm going to work on those HiLift adapters for the tow hooks. I don't think I can get both projects done before TRR, but you can look at it in Texas and I can probably whip one up for you if you want.

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is mine under the rear seat

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 68

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matt, Looks simple enough, and keeps it nice and tight to the bed. Is it easy to access the under side of the bed to install the nut? Did you use stainless?

I'm still not sure I want to drill through the bed. But looks like it is the only way, with out a bed rack.

Yukon Joe
Buffalo Run Support Raptor
RPG and WSI present The South Dakota Buffalo Run - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor

It's crazy strong. I can shake the whole truck without moving the jack. My "design" only requires 4 x 1/4" holes for each bracket (2 in the rail, 2 in the bed).

There was enough room to get my fingers and a wrench between the bed and the rail, but it took some finagling. The bottom two screws are self tappers. The strength is in the top screws, the bottoms are just to hold it tight to the wall. I installed the rear bracket first and then leveled it with the front bracket.

I just used material I had around the shop. Definitely not stainless. Probably 1018. I think I'll get them powder coated after TRR, but Rustoleum works for now. It looks much cleaner in person than on my grainy cell phone.

They were really easy to make. If you want some, I can make them pretty quick, I would need a little compensation for time and material though...

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very nice Matt. That's a cool improvement over my design. My only concern would be those self tappers in the bed holding up over time. The terrain I typically wheel in usually has the bed shaking pretty violently side to side for extended periods of time. I wonder if they would work themselves lose. Thoughts?

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice Matt. That's a cool improvement over my design. My only concern would be those self tappers in the bed holding up over time. The terrain I typically wheel in usually has the bed shaking pretty violently side to side for extended periods of time. I wonder if they would work themselves lose. Thoughts?

Only time will tell... Well, time and TRR.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered a set of the 4xRAC mounts. I'm hoping I can make them work, along with a shovel mount.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/92200_04.htm

Using a quick fist clamp and a plate, I'm would like to do something like this.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ar...oma-hi-lift-bed-mounts-ato-6.html#post4265064

Only thing is, I don't have access to a shop or materials for the plate. Maybe you or WSI? Obviously, compensation would be made for such generosity. :beer: :D :beer: :beer:

Yukon Joe
Buffalo Run Support Raptor
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=364119

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^Love the shovel mount. I've been thinking about replicating what I did for the HiLift on the opposite side for a shovel and an axe. Those Quick Fist mounts solve the only part I hadn't really got around to addressing. Great find Joe!!

DSC02455_JPG.jpg

Quick Fist Clamps