GEN 2 Hidden winch issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
I know there was some concern with possibly blocking airflow, and that maybe a few of the important bits were down behind the lower grille, but the Raptor that Ford has decked out for racing in the "Best in the Desert Stock Class" has a whole light bar set up blocking most of that lower grille area. So I would say it's clear to mount things there without too much worry at least. Ford techs did it, so it has to be legit, right? See pic and article below for more info.

Forbes Welcome

6rPoOE3.jpg

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you stick something too far out there, you're going to block the camera, and too wide and you'll block the radar - which is all why a hidden winch would be the best solution for this truck. It's more a question of clearance than blocking airflow. Someone needs to make a fairly cheap intercooler relocation kit as opposed to an entirely new intercooler like Full Race sells.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know there was some concern with possibly blocking airflow, and that maybe a few of the important bits were down behind the lower grille, but the Raptor that Ford has decked out for racing in the "Best in the Desert Stock Class" has a whole light bar set up blocking most of that lower grille area. So I would say it's clear to mount things there without too much worry at least. Ford techs did it, so it has to be legit, right? See pic and article below for more info.

Forbes Welcome

6rPoOE3.jpg

Per fb sounds like it's a problem