HID Kits Stock Housing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwjstruebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am wanting to put in HID conversion kit for the stock housing. Where should I look for reliable HID kit? I don't have much time to order I am needing it before Jan 17th. Reasoning SNOBALL and I had a RI 20" bar coming but it won't be in til after the run and right now my headlights even with Philips Xtreme bulbs suck badly and my hood mounts when ran completely over power my headlights

I am looking to spend less than $150ish

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the Retro Solutions 55-watt 5000K kit.

Had it 18 months, without a single issue! Lifetime warranty on bulbs and ballast, too... can't beat that.

55W DIGITAL HID KITS - Retro-Solutions Store

You'll need H13/9008 Bi-Xenon kit, to get functioning Low/High beams. I recommend the 5000K, as it's the closest to "white" light and gives you the best actual visible light output.

Here is what it looks like in the alley behind my house (just headlights, no hood lights):

f429613e.jpg

Here's the cutoff against a wall:

7919b358.jpg

I believe the discount/promo code "Raptor" will get you another 10% off at checkout.

:party36::party36::party36:

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just ordered the above retro solutions kit. If you want to check it out, I'll likley be installing it later this week at a buddies shop in Lansing.

And the "raptor" code does work

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4300k is actually closest to natural light and will have the best usable output. It's what pretty much all OEM's use with factory HID's. The TRS kits look a lot better than most, they must be purchasing quality bulbs as the light scatter seems no worse than stock.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
The lighting color also depends on what watt you run. My 6000k 35w had a slight blue tint to them. Now the same bulbs on 55w ballasts look really white.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
4300k is actually closest to natural light and will have the best usable output. It's what pretty much all OEM's use with factory HID's. The TRS kits look a lot better than most, they must be purchasing quality bulbs as the light scatter seems no worse than stock.
You're correct, 4300K is closest to natural light. I recommended 5000K, as most like the "white" light over the yellowing natural light.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow nice to see I'm not the only one running DDM haha I thought yet would crap out after a few months cause they're so cheap(price wise) but ice had them for over a year and still going strong! I also have the 6000k to match my rigids to haha great minds think alike:party36: