Hennessey Performance - Anyone gone this route and what’s your experience?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Couldn’t find anything about a Hennessey raptor on fire other than one from 2011. Was just curious where the photo is from?
There are a lot of Raptors which caught on fire which were built by Hennessey, I've had that pic for awhile. They had fuel rails which constantly leaked.........., I'm out!

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buddy of mine retired Ford mechanical engineer.....summary statement of several occasions.....great if power is your only goal, reliability and longevity, not so much.

Reaction score
Hey guys - with the main change being the rear setup, just wondering how many would opt for a Hennessey Velociraptor 600 upgrade or their V8 conversion instead of jumping into a Gen3?

Anyone been there, done it and got the Velociraptor t-shirt?

If so, thoughts and recommendations? I live very close to Hennessey, so thinking about this as an option…
Hey guys - with the main change being the rear setup, just wondering how many would opt for a Hennessey Velociraptor 600 upgrade or their V8 conversion instead of jumping into a Gen3?

If so, thoughts and recommendations? I live very close to Hennessey, so thinking about this as an option…
Well I own the Velociraptor V8 version and had it shipped Australia and I have to say it’s been fantastic we are currently on a 20,000klm overland trip taking in the Simpson desert, McDonald ranges , Kimberley, and the entire west coast of OZ .They were great to deal with and I’d buy off them again , so haters always are going to hate but that’s my experience first hand ‍♂️

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I own the Velociraptor V8 version and had it shipped Australia and I have to say it’s been fantastic we are currently on a 20,000klm overland trip taking in the Simpson desert, McDonald ranges , Kimberley, and the entire west coast of OZ .They were great to deal with and I’d buy off them again , so haters always are going to hate but that’s my experience first hand ‍♂️
Post some pics of your adventure. So you have the pro charger on yours?

Mikee Martin

SVC. Krazy House Customz. JDM. Seaside Superbikes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stock piston has no skirt plating. Aftermarket cheap piston has an external surface coating to prevent wear in the high load areas.
Some like stock, some like performance. That being said, not all high performance Aftermarket products are better than oem. Let me drive that bad *** v8 Henny down my beach trail one time, I bet the bank she smokes up after 10 minutes. 20211104_121950.jpg

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have to say, you are the first one to say you that everything thing is working on the 5.0L. conversion.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score

You're wasting your money, I would research the GooseTune in the Gen 2 and Gen 3 section.

Get the extra 100+ HP for thousands of $$$ less and better reliability.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so I was in your shoes when I ordered my 2018 Gen 2 I was planning on sending mine down to Hennessey as soon as I received the truck. However as some have mentioned here go do some research. After doing some asking around and taking another long hard look at what I wanted to truck to do and longevity of the build I elected to go a different route. I’m up in Dallas and had full intentions of doing what you are thinking. Good luck and what ever conclusion you come up with I hope it works great for you.