Help with DRL - Parking Lights only Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

breezy

Reaction score
I saw the other thread but it's not helping. Quick rundown:
  1. 2017 as it seems there are differences 2019-on.
  2. I originally tried to use the non-ASBUILT to select the DRL option but all this did was enable the low beams as DRL.
  3. After this, I was unable to change it as it gave the infamous write error.
  4. I consulted the spreadsheet and went to these settings in the ASBUILT section:

DRL - Parking Lights only (stock LEDs only)BCM726-26-02x1xx xxxx xxxx
726-50-0101xx

The first row was already correct, but the second row I changed from 10xx to 01xx and this turned on the parking lights, however the low beams remain.

Any idea how to get the low beams disabled for DRL in a 2017? I don't want turn signals, just parking lights. Also, I've read about some max-brightness setting, is that applicable? Any help would be appreciated! (yes I have searched and I've been out to program it 5-6 times already with varying results and I'm a bit worried about the write error.)

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Max brightness won’t work. if you enable it, it will mess with your headlight settings. So don’t do that. When your checking the lights, is the truck in drive?

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
What @Antho said, mine is a '20 so take it with a grain of salt but post-forscan my parking lights only come on when the truck is in drive. To check, on level ground put the truck in drive w/ parking brake engaged.

OP
OP
breezy

breezy

Reaction score
Yes, vehicle was in drive. I just had someone take a picture of it with me in the seat with the brake on and the truck in drive:

DRL.png

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weird, I just opened the forscan sheet and double checked, you did everything I did to make it work.

By chance is your truck pre-owned and the previous owner had also done forscan and possibly monkey'd with another module?

I would say write it again as my 'doo-doo-doo' delete took a second writing to work but you've already done it multiple times.

Lastly, I would go line by line with all the other light configurations on the spreadsheet to make sure none of the other modules are being altered. Might be able to find a fat finger mistake or some sort of error there.

Also just to double check, your headlight switch is set to (A) when you're testing correct?

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have your lights on auto? also, make sure nothing is covering the sensor on the dash. Can you post a pic of your current settings at the bcm settings?
Also, What do you have at 726-29-02?

Last edited:
OP
OP
breezy

breezy

Reaction score
Weird, I just opened the forscan sheet and double checked, you did everything I did to make it work.

By chance is your truck pre-owned and the previous owner had also done forscan and possibly monkey'd with another module?

I would say write it again as my 'doo-doo-doo' delete took a second writing to work but you've already done it multiple times.

Lastly, I would go line by line with all the other light configurations on the spreadsheet to make sure none of the other modules are being altered. Might be able to find a fat finger mistake or some sort of error there.

Also just to double check, your headlight switch is set to (A) when you're testing correct?

Yes, set to (A) Auto. I don't believe it was altered by the PO, as no DRL was set and no other customizations were made. Still had double-honk, triple-flash, insecure idle, etc. The truck was completely stock. Still it's possible and worth checking. The low-beam only came on after I attempted the 'friendly' UI changes where you choose words instead of XXXX values. I enabled DRL here and the lows came on and they are still on. Any other mods via the UI are met with a write error!

Do you have your lights on auto? also, make sure nothing is covering the sensor on the dash. Can you post a pic of your current settings at the bcm settings?
Also, What do you have at 726-29-02?

Yes, lights are on Auto, nothing covering sensor. I'll grab my settings after work when my laptop is free.

726-29-02, position lamps at full brightness like SD - should be unchanged for me but I will check and pull this value and let you know. It's possible the initial UI section change altered this although I don't notice any lights at different brightness.

OP
OP
breezy

breezy

Reaction score
Here was every option when I first went out.

gVQITgF.png

1Z3n3EA.png

lrm9nBT.png

lX6NiBU.png

FaNAexw.png

ZeH8vTR.png

I will say that after I double checked a couple of the worst offenders I went back into the UI and it said something to the effect of "invalid value" for available DRL options so I first changed it to "Allow All" and wrote it, it didn't change anything but I did not get the write error which is good, so I went back and verified the manual binary/hex/whatever values and still had low beams in Drive and Auto.

I messed with the DRL value and tried Parking Lights as well as Turn Signals and still no change. Markers were on with low beams.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are connected to the wifi while connected to your truck, Run the Load Factory AB to load your factory setting back. See if its back to normal then try again.

OP
OP
breezy

breezy

Reaction score
Good advice, does Load Factory AB have the intelligence to figure out my factory settings?

I always back up before changing things but I have since read you have to back up each individual module and I think I only backed up the one I started on instead of each one.